ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonding a Spoiler to a Car

Ex Ph-Quick
Hi Guys,

Anyone ever bonded a spoiler to a car before without screws.

If so what adhesive did you use?
Any what method did you take.

Thanks in advance.

Elliot

Punto/Clio GTT
yea done lots.

always used Sikaflex

make sure the spolier sits nice first, put it on, make sure your happy with it and make sure it aint gonna catch the roof or anything when the tailgates fully open.

put a big blob in the middle of the spoiler ends, not too close to the edge or the excess will push out and you'll have a right mess.

then use masking tape and tape from the spoiler onto the roof a few times, tape the spoiler to the rear quarters a few times and tape it to the back window too.

leave it to dry overnight

Punto/Clio GTT
depends how big the spoiler is and where it fixes to the tailgate.

isit just like 2 feet that sit on the tailgate? just put a big blob in the middle of the foot, enough so it holds, but not loads so you cant pull it down nearly flush with the tailgate and so it dont push the excess out either

Ex Ph-Quick
it's this spoiler. So a big blob along the whole spoiler?

aerospoiler.jpg

aerospoiler2.jpg

aerospoiler3.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
yea, whereever it touches the tailgate, dont go near that edge.

hold it against th tailgate first and open it up to make sure it dont catch the roof and you know how far back its gotta be bonded

Punto/Clio GTT
i have done it once, but it was in a mates garage. i dunno if it stuck on for a long while or what. it never came back though so can only assume it was ok

id check to see if its ok first though as i dont wanna say yea itll bond to glass and it not work, maybe email someone that sells it on ebay or something and ask them