ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet release on 2000 models?

First off - this is probably in the wrong place - apologies if it is.

I bought myself a MKII 1.4 the other week - and it's a cracking little car.

Thing is though, the battery is close to death - it just refused to start a couple of times when I was out, but I managed to get it to limp home - where I planned to put it on charge for a few hours.

This be my problem - how the hell do I open the bonnet??

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Pull the bonnet release? Under the dash in the left hand side of the passenger footwell if its the same on all mk2s

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As above passengerside footwell.

Nice to say a well maintained car ;)

Pull the leaver in the passenger footwell then to the right side of the Renault badge reach under and ule feel a pull release handle, just pull that and lift the bonnet.

cheers - the oil's fine by the way. I checked that when I bought it.

Now I've got it open, I can't shut it now!! The release-bolt thing doesn't seem to go in, if you get what I mean..

It "shuts" as in the bonnet goes into place and the pull release is locked - but its not flush with the rest of the body and can still be just re opened by lifting the pull lever underneath.

Gah I've bought a lemon haven't I.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
The catches are renowned for being shite on them mate, Renault Re-called some of them for problems with the catches, might need lube-ing up with a bit of grease?

bonnet.jpg

:(

Phew - sorted it. The release cable seemed pretty tight, so I pushed it towards the hole that the 'pin' in the bonnet goes and the locking mechanism re-appeared. Surely not the right way, but it'll do.

cheers guys.