ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnett cable

2002 Clio 172
Aarrgghhh!
My bonnet cable has snapped under the bonnet and i cant get it open. Has this happened to anyone, solutions?

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Happened to me a few weeks ago and was an utter pain! I managed to open the bonnet, without having to break or cut anything by pulling off the front bumper carefully to leave the front grill in place and then used a long, thin-ish flatblade screwdriver in the gap I’ve highlighted in the photo below, to push over the leaver on the bonnet catch and pop bonnet.

Replacing the cable is a bit of a faff also, had to remove the UCH to route the cable through the bulkhead and then pull back the passenger wheel arch liner to get my hand in so that I could feed the cable up around the ABS pump, round the shock turret and up between the power steering pump reservoir.

Hope this helps

D7397492-9B51-4071-AC8C-B579D983E7A2.jpeg