ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost gauge vacuum pick up point

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'll be fitting a boost gauge to my cup turbo shortly, there's a vacuum hose that goes runs from pretty much the TB to the fuel pressure reg, can I for the T there to the gauge? Pic shown below, blue vacuum hose

null-21.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
Scoff made a good point when I had mine there that if there is a leak at the tee then it would run lean so don't tee anything off the fuel reg hose. Take a new feed off the inlet manifold plenum.

​Makes sense to me so I did it.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Drill the plenum!? Is there not another point on the inlet that I can tee from? I'd feel happier doing that than drilling it. From a DIY perspective anyway!

Clio 172 Cup
is that engine from a phase 1 ? .... as the phase 2 vac hose doesn't connect to the fuel rail, also there are a few places to connect this and really isn't worth tapping for a new place to fit this.

where is sittingbourne ?

HBT 172 Cup
Just tap it into the FPR, the risks are being exagerated here. You've got to be a right tard to route it some way in which the hose is heavily abraded to cause some risk of the hose being rubbed through to cause an air leak. Use decent securing clips and there is no problem. If you're worried stick some convulouted tube around it to protect it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Same issue with the map sensor pipe too, that will also make it go lean if it leaks.

In an ideal world they all have their own feed but like Laine says providing you make sure you dont do anything retarded with it then you shouldnt really have a problem.

Scoff made a good point when I had mine there that if there is a leak at the tee then it would run lean so don't tee anything off the fuel reg hose. Take a new feed off the inlet manifold plenum.

​Makes sense to me so I did it.

I'm sure that's wrong as it's high vacuum on idle which then leans the FPR off by applying the higher vacuum to the diaphragm - when you've got the throttle open it's low vacuum which then gives you full fuel pressure.

If you had a leak in that pipe you'd lose vacuum at idle and just get worse fuel economy and a rich tick over

That being said I still wouldn't t-piece from an FPR vacuum hose for a gauge

More on boosted applications it increases fuel pressure as the fpr will be seeing boost pressure forcing it closed thus higher pressure. Boost leak will then mean it won't see as high pressure therefore leaning it out.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Cheers for the input guys, I've installed it in the FPR for now as I'm just troubleshooting my over boost problems. Once that's sorted I'll look for a more perm solution