ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Borderlands

Lee

BMW M2C
i dont see why id need to play it with anyone else it would just make it too easy wouldnt it

No, all the creatures get stronger every time another player joins. It scales up the difficulty. On the second playthrough you're a double hard b*****d, but so are all the enemies.

the weapons generate randomly and there are so many permutations that you can get lucky with their stats. got a few that are properly kick-ass, which all seem to be around high 30s in level

you can't level beyond 50 as a player, the max weapon level seems to be 48, although enemies can go to 51

AK

M240i
Darren S said:
I think that's the key to this game. On your own, it gets boring quite quickly I think. Going co-op would no doubt add to the enjoyment factor - as long as you could get multiplayer working in the first place. ;)

D.

Possibly why I returned it after a day... Couldn't connect with some mates so I was playing it on my own...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
the weapons generate randomly and there are so many permutations that you can get lucky with their stats. got a few that are properly kick-ass, which all seem to be around high 30s in level

you can't level beyond 50 as a player, the max weapon level seems to be 48, although enemies can go to 51

That sums up why it bored me as well - it was about as much fun as playing with a spreadsheet.

• So my SMG of Pain goes well against lvl 10 opposition. Oh dear, I'm now against lvl 15 monkeys - it's not so good against them.
  • So my SMG of Extra Pain goes well against lvl 15 opposition. Oh dear, I'm now against lvl 20 monkeys - it's not so good against them.
  • So my SMG of Ultra Death Pain goes well against lvl 20 opposition. Oh dear, I'm now against lvl 25 monkeys - it's not so good against them.
  • ...... in finitum (yawn)
D.

Ph-Sold!
I picked up a double anarchy SMG early on (purple weapon) with some pretty good damage and VERY high rate of fire and played through the whole thing with that to lvl 37 where I completed the game along with a sniper rifle or two.

Had a class mod with +13 ammo regeneration so the horrendous consumption wasnt really an issue lol

Black 172 PH2
That sums up why it bored me as well - it was about as much fun as playing with a spreadsheet.

• So my SMG of Pain goes well against lvl 10 opposition. Oh dear, I'm now against lvl 15 monkeys - it's not so good against them.
  • So my SMG of Extra Pain goes well against lvl 15 opposition. Oh dear, I'm now against lvl 20 monkeys - it's not so good against them.
  • So my SMG of Ultra Death Pain goes well against lvl 20 opposition. Oh dear, I'm now against lvl 25 monkeys - it's not so good against them.
  • ...... in finitum (yawn)
D.

You don't like the RPG level up element to the game then lol.
Thats what i love most about it tbh.

AK, yes i still play this game.
Downloaded all the add on packs as me and my mate still play from time to time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You don't like the RPG level up element to the game then lol.
Thats what i love most about it tbh.

AK, yes i still play this game.
Downloaded all the add on packs as me and my mate still play from time to time.

It ticked so many potential boxes, but just ended up being boring for me. It didn't have the depth or 'RPGness' to it like the Fallout series, but was quite bland as an FPS as well. Online co-op seemed riddled with issues as well for the PC version. Probably better on the consoles though.

D.

SG9 Forester STi
Get it! Personally I think it's really good :approve:. Still haven't completed it as atm I'm picking it up when I have a spare hour but it is good :)

Octy VRS
I've heard mixed reviews. Some say it's awesome and others just say it's really repetitive.

SG9 Forester STi
I've heard mixed reviews. Some say it's awesome and others just say it's really repetitive.

I suppose it can be as the enemies regenerate (bosses or main enemies etc). But whilst I've played it on my own I preferred it co-op. If you can put up with the bickering over weapons :p

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

It was for me. For RPG'ness - Oblivion and Fallout play better. For FPS'ness - even Left 4 Dead feels better to play as a co-op game.

The biggest criticism of Borderlands I have is that it simply doesn't know what type of game it's trying to be. And hence doesn't do a good job of any genre.

D.

Octy VRS
Hmm, just found Assassin's Creed 2 for a tenner too which I haven't played, think I'm going to pass on Borderlands.

Nothing at the mo :(
it doesnt make you wanna sit there and play it.... assassins creed 2 was awesome.. so was god of war 3.. but baring in mind the queue for all games pretty big at times, never a big one for borderlands.... didnt jump out at you.. more of a rental then to buy it

Sorry to bump this, But i take back everything i said

When i played it at Eurogamer it wasnt finished it, Plus the main problem with playing it there was you carried on with othres people's games so you didn't really know what was going on

I've recently got this from GAME and tbh its pretty awesome, Reminds me of Fallout with the concept, good FPS for the shooting, Slightly Diablo 2 style with LOOT and reminds me every so slightly with Warcraft where you enter different areas via portals to kill bosses *instances in wow basicly*

So i take it all back :D its a pretty awesome game

Jap Box
Rented this a while back, was pretty decent if I remember correctly, just confused me abit with the maps I think and where to go. Might give it another chance after fallout 3 and new vegas.

Bus w**ker
Just in case any one wants a cheap game to pass the time before the major releases come out (or even the sequel of this), I've just bought this for ~£14 delivered from Sendit.com (3.something% cash back through TopCashBack too).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I wasn't a fan of the first game TBH. Might give the second a go though.

No idea why. Boredom probably.

Fiesta ST-2
Started playing this again with the missus. Quite a few add on packs to get, anoyone know if they realeased a version of the game with all the packs? It'd be cheaper than downloading them of the PS store.

Octy VRS
Traded in Deus EX today for this. Pretty good so far and like the animation, like XIII. Found DEX boring in the end and Rage isn't looking like what I'd hoped so should tide me over before Skyrim.