ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bosch aerotwins not contacting fully

Clio 197
I recently fitted a set of Bosch aerotwins to my MK2 and have found that the end of the drivers side blade doesn't contact the screen.
Has anyone had this issue and would it be possible to heat the wiper with a hair drier and bend it in order to make it contact the screen?

Is it only when the wiper is in the 'parked' position that the end doesn't touch the screen?

If the whole blade touches the screen during the sweeping motion, I'm not sure I'd worry too much.

Clio 197
Is it only when the wiper is in the 'parked' position that the end doesn't touch the screen?

If the whole blade touches the screen during the sweeping motion, I'm not sure I'd worry too much.
It doesn't touch in the parked position but also for around half of the sweep it doesn't touch until the blade starts to become vertical

Hmmm... in that case then yes, I agree something needs fixing/changing :D lol

Are they recommended for the vehicle or have you put them on as an 'upgrade'?

I think my worry is that if you bend them into one (sort of upside-down very shallow bowl) shape when 'parked', that won't be the same shape as the windscreen as it goes through the arc of the sweep, risking scraping across the glass at the pointed ends...

Clio 197
Hmmm... in that case then yes, I agree something needs fixing/changing :D lol

Are they recommended for the vehicle or have you put them on as an 'upgrade'?

I think my worry is that if you bend them into one (sort of upside-down very shallow bowl) shape when 'parked', that won't be the same shape as the windscreen as it goes through the arc of the sweep, risking scraping across the glass at the pointed ends...
I'm happy you agree lol, they are an upgrade as I have seen many other people upgrade to aero style blades on here and reported that they work well.
Yes I worry this too and I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as me and whether it's worth bothering to try and fix or if I should just leave it.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
The blade, I wouldn't be bending the arm.

I done it on a warm day last summer and just bent and held it for 30 seconds to get a curve on it. Had to do it a few times to get it right but it's been grand since.

Clio 197
The blade, I wouldn't be bending the arm.

I done it on a warm day last summer and just bent and held it for 30 seconds to get a curve on it. Had to do it a few times to get it right but it's been grand since.
Okay great thank you, I'll heat it up a little with the hair dryer and try that later