ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bosch VS Renault rear abs sensor

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Need to replace my rear drivers side ABS sensor.
Appears to be a Bosch option on euros for about 60 quid, half the price of an OE Renault one, anyone know any reason why I shouldn’t get the Bosch?
Happy to pay for the gen Renault one if I can find one & the Renault part is a significantly better product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Gotta be a fairly good chance the OE sensor is a Bosch item anyway??

Exactly my thoughts, I’ll do a bit of digging, bound to come from the same factory!

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Can’t get anything to verify the Bosch part is the same as the Renault. The OE part number doesn’t match that given for the Bosch one.
I see KAM racing sell the genuine article, will just stump for the real deal to avoid issues.
There is already a thread for this which I didn’t notice, general consensus is OE on that thread.
Thanks [emoji1360]

Speak to George at RTR he’ll give you the lowdown on them.

If it’s a 182 I’m pretty sure Renault don’t supply them any more, and Euro stock is almost none existent as well.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What's the Bosch number?

Bosch number appears to be 417745410
And the OE number for the Renault one is 600007352

Just can’t find anything to say they’re the same thing, probably meaning they’re not!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Numbers won't help, they'll have different part numbers even if the part is actually the same.

dan's cast offs.
Couldn't find the invoice for the last one I had but it 100% Was a Bosch one. Got one coming in the morning so will see if it is the same.

Reactions: Gus

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Couldn't find the invoice for the last one I had but it 100% Was a Bosch one. Got one coming in the morning so will see if it is the same.

Amazing mate that would be a great help, TIA [emoji1360]

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Appears to be a Bosch option on euros for about 60 quid, half the price of an OE Renault one, anyone know any reason why I shouldn’t get the Bosch?
Happy to pay for the gen Renault one if I can find one & the Renault part is a significantly better product

@MarcB will probably confirm but renault rear ABS sensors arent available anymore.

An ABS sensor is a pretty simple device , copper coil round a magnet, so I wouldnt hesitate using another brand. Make sure the connector is the right gender though.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
@MarcB will probably confirm but renault rear ABS sensors arent available anymore.

An ABS sensor is a pretty simple device , copper coil round a magnet, so I wouldnt hesitate using another brand. Make sure the connector is the right gender though.

Has been confirmed as NLA by George.
They’re very basic, I attempted to clean up the existing faulty one and was surprised it didn’t come back to life really

dan's cast offs.
the bosch one was the wrong one. will have to dig through my old invoices and see if i can find it, was 100% a bosch one i fitted though.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the bosch one was the wrong one. will have to dig through my old invoices and see if i can find it, was 100% a bosch one i fitted though.

My fear came true! Thanks mate [emoji5]

Have you used one without issue? Gary spooner lives near me and breaks 182s very regularly, might go down the route of buying one from him

Not used one myself, just the only place on the internet that has stock and matches the part number.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Jme34

Small write up and update on this.

Around 3 weeks ago I need a rear N/S ABS sensor but found it virtually impossible to get one, After a week solid of trying to find one I got all this information on them.

The OE part number - 6000073527 (n/s/r - "CUP PACK")
The OE part number - 6000073528 (o/s/r - "CUP PACK")

The above part number is also the same as the Dacia but Renault and Dacia use the same parts system so it can not be bought through them.

I then done some research and found that the "CUP Pack" cars have a different ABS sensor / part number from non-cup pack cars.

I then found that Euro Car Parts sell ATE sensors which are who supplied renault and that if you bought an ATE one from ECP it came with the renault part number and logo stamped on.

ATE Part Number - 24.0741-1129.1 (n/s/r - "CUP PACK")
ATE Part Number - ? ? ? ? ? ?

I called and spoke to a friend who is the manager at ECP and he done some research to find that ECP now now longer supply these sensors so I was left with calling other motor factors with no joy.
I then managed to message ATE direct via e-mail and speak to them to be told they now no longer make or supply this sensor.

If you have a "Cup Packed" car and need rear ABS sensors there is one make that supply them, I managed to find it, get there part number for it and then I fitted it and its worked a treat.

Trying to get one in the UK is going to be a nightmare for people as unless there is genuine sensors running around in dealerships you will struggle and the OE sensor is around £130 per side.

I paid £32 for my sensor and another £30 for postage.

I would also like to add at no point have I found any Bosch sensor that fits / works as they have all been wrong.

Last edited:

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
@Jme34

Small write up and update on this.

Around 3 weeks ago I need a rear N/S ABS sensor but found it virtually impossible to get one, After a week solid of trying to find one I got all this information on them.

The OE part number - 6000073527 (n/s/r - "CUP PACK")
The OE part number - 6000073528 (o/s/r - "CUP PACK")

The above part number is also the same as the Dacia but Renault and Dacia use the same parts system so it can not be bought through them.

I then done some research and found that the "CUP Pack" cars have a different ABS sensor / part number from non-cup pack cars.

I then found that Euro Car Parts sell ATE sensors which are who supplied renault and that if you bought an ATE one from ECP it came with the renault part number and logo stamped on.

ATE Part Number - 24.0741-1129.1 (n/s/r - "CUP PACK")
ATE Part Number - ? ? ? ? ? ?

I called and spoke to a friend who is the manager at ECP and he done some research to find that ECP now now longer supply these sensors so I was left with calling other motor factors with no joy.
I then managed to message ATE direct via e-mail and speak to them to be told they now no longer make or supply this sensor.

If you have a "Cup Packed" car and need rear ABS sensors there is one make that supply them, I managed to find it, get there part number for it and then I fitted it and its worked a treat.

Trying to get one in the UK is going to be a nightmare for people as unless there is genuine sensors running around in dealerships you will struggle and the OE sensor is around £130 per side.

I paid £32 for my sensor and another £30 for postage.

I would also like to add at no point have I found any Bosch sensor that fits / works as they have all been wrong.

Hi mate, brilliant summary and exactly the explanation I needed.
It seems I was right to doubt the Bosch alternative, I do have a cup packed 182 so it seems I’m going to have the same issue. Thank you so much for your post, it’s been a massive help!
Can’t believe they’re already out of production, I’d understand if the car was 5-10 years older

dan's cast offs.
couldn't find the invoice for the last one i had but it was a couple of years ago, got the guy i deal with in euro going through my account history to see if he can find it.

will 100% guarantee it was a bosch sensor.

also to get you by and for mot just splice the good one into the other line to the abs ecu ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Have a look at these topics, This topic states that ATE are the main supplier for renault and that this fits the "CUP" packed cars - https://www.cliosport.net/threads/abs-esp-lights-no-serv-182-trophy.780606/#post-10882753

If you actually search the forums and topics you will find that people have tried the Bosch sensors with no joy.

Can’t believe they’re already out of production, I’d understand if the car was 5-10 years older

I believe a car manufacturer only have to make / produce car parts for that model for 10 years and than after the 10 years they just have to stock the part until its gone.
The problem with renault is one day its there and the next the parts system says "FU*K YOU - OUT OF STOCK" and then no one can get that part.

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
and i know that i have fitted a bosch sensor that was the correct one. was sent the wrong one first, bosch one and remember when the other one turned up in a bosch box i was thinking it was going to be the same one i'd already had but it wasn't. was also meant to be a lot dearer than the first one, even with my discount it worked out at around £75 ish.

PH2 172
and i know that i have fitted a bosch sensor that was the correct one. was sent the wrong one first, bosch one and remember when the other one turned up in a bosch box i was thinking it was going to be the same one i'd already had but it wasn't. was also meant to be a lot dearer than the first one, even with my discount it worked out at around £75 ish.

Can you use this Bosch item in place of the ATE 6000073527/ 24074111291 part?

I tried to get to the bottom of this months ago, but gave up.

https://www.cliosport.net/conversations/6000073527-lhr-abs-sensor.494233/

I know this was about the LHR, but the principle remains the same.

ABS SENSOR LHR 6000073527 2 male  pins ATE 24.0741-1129.1.jpg

ABS SENSOR LHR DF6 BOSCH 0265 006 384  7700411745 2 PIN MALE.jpg

PH2 172
link is for a message?

It is.

The subject was 6000073527, ATE LHR rear ABS sensor.

As it has been suggested that this is a part exclusive to 182 Cup cars.

I thought this needed nipping in the bud, before it became yet another established CS myth.

I`m afraid my research ground to a halt, as I could not establish any verifiable facts regarding active & passive sensors.

PH2 172

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sensor-R...9&hash=item3d6c06d84a:i:263805392970#shpCntId

I would think this is the one @MarcB bought?

Clio 182 FF
I had this problem exactly a year ago. I couldn't find an aftermarket sensor any where. For a clio 182 cup pack. I think they use different abs sensors for the esp? I managed to get a genuine one from renault though. Part number R6000073528 for the rear righr. Maybe the last one! I hope the other one doesn't go!

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Anyone know if bosch part number below will fit mine ?

It's a 172 non cup model , rear drivers
Product Code: 417745410

monaco 172
It is.

The subject was 6000073527, ATE LHR rear ABS sensor.

As it has been suggested that this is a part exclusive to 182 Cup cars.

I thought this needed nipping in the bud, before it became yet another established CS myth.

I`m afraid my research ground to a halt, as I could not establish any verifiable facts regarding active & passive sensors.
Hi Steve

I'm trying to get my head around all these rear abs sensor part numbers.

By nipping it in the bud do you mean that its not true that 182 cup and not cup cars don't use the same sensor?

I've been reading about this for the last 2 days and can't find a definitive answer on the part number for a rear right 172 phase 2 sensor as all the threads only seem to mention 182 cup packed cars

PH2 172
Hi Steve

I'm trying to get my head around all these rear abs sensor part numbers.

By nipping it in the bud do you mean that its not true that 182 cup and not cup cars don't use the same sensor?

I've been reading about this for the last 2 days and can't find a definitive answer on the part number for a rear right 172 phase 2 sensor as all the threads only seem to mention 182 cup packed cars

That`s about it, in the same way that 172 Cups do have exactly the same front subframe as all other ph2 172/182`s despite suggestions other

wise.

If your car has the sensor with the exposed rectangular core, 6000073528 is what you need.

Triscan & NK are available on ebay or

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/oenumber/6000073528.html

Around £50 with postage.

monaco 172
That`s about it, in the same way that 172 Cups do have exactly the same front subframe as all other ph2 172/182`s despite suggestions other

wise.

If your car has the sensor with the exposed rectangular core, 6000073528 is what you need.

Triscan & NK are available on ebay or

Around £50 with postage.

Cheers Steve.

I took a punt and ordered a triscon from a random German site called auto doc, but it also had about 3 other identical sites with different names.

No idea if they are legit but will see if it turn up as I couldn't find anywhere else.

PH2 172
Cheers Steve.

I took a punt and ordered a triscon from a random German site called auto doc, but it also had about 3 other identical sites with different names.

No idea if they are legit but will see if it turn up as I couldn't find anywhere else.

This one is UK based, so has cheaper shipping prices, though having bought a speedo sensor off eBay for a total of £7.50 including postage from Latvia,

I cannot see how they can justify UK delivery of £8.

Has anyone thought of enquiring the price from a Dacia dealer?