ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Both front wheel bearings and nearside suspension arm

172 CUP
Ok so i was out today and my wheel bearings decided to go, some very loud noises and a painful drive home :( i was just wondering how hard is it to replace these and the suspension arm, one of my mates said he can do it at his garage for £150 but his garage is about 15 miles away and part of it is motorway, the closest garage to me said £370

So bassicly I am going to have to attempt this myself or have to call people in

Can anyone tell me how hard they are to do, would my best bet be to read the haynes manual?

Cheers

renault clio 1.6 rsi
one of my mates said he can do it at his garage for £150

Cheers
sounds about right my partner just had his bearing on the front and right front suspensin arm on his 206 and cost 150 parts and labour

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sounds about right my partner just had his bearing on the front and right front suspensin arm on his 206 and cost 150 parts and labour

jesus i find that on the expensive side.

wishbone retail is like 45 quid and the bearing is like 15 quid at most from a motor factors. no more really then an hours labour, hour and a half tops. where did they take it? dealer or indepenent?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Ok so i was out today and my wheel bearings decided to go, some very loud noises and a painful drive home :( i was just wondering how hard is it to replace these and the suspension arm, one of my mates said he can do it at his garage for £150 but his garage is about 15 miles away and part of it is motorway, the closest garage to me said £370

So bassicly I am going to have to attempt this myself or have to call people in

Can anyone tell me how hard they are to do, would my best bet be to read the haynes manual?

Cheers

You'll probably need a press to do the bearing, wishbone will be fairly easy though to do at home. If you can find an alterate route to your mates place, do that and take it easy. Less hassle that way.

I'd say doing the wishbones at home is a tad optimistic, if they have been on the car since 1998 then it'll be pretty hard to get off on axle stands alone. You'll want a hammer too lol

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Got a spare car you can borrow for a hour?

If so, remove the hubs yourself and take them to get done in your mates garage, then fit them back yourself at home and you can then take the car to get the wishbone done..

172 CUP
Got a spare car you can borrow for a hour?

If so, remove the hubs yourself and take them to get done in your mates garage, then fit them back yourself at home and you can then take the car to get the wishbone done..

thats not actually a bad idea mate, may have to look into doing that, isn't getting the bearing out pretty simple job? take brake pads and discs off, disconnect driveshaft and then take out the bearings?

Also if i was to attempt the wishbone am i right in assuming these are all the parts i need to do the full job?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...8926ea8af8ef6e4d524ab378eed3baa299603bf6&SUAR

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...95b1420e0f07e34a74c168604e3121c053e23f6c&WBRK
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...95b1420e0f07e34a74c168604e3121c053e23f6c&WBRK
obv for the wheel bearing i would need X2 of them

Last edited:
  Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
It what i did when i had a problem with my hub,

Ye just basically disconnect everything, Castle nut that holds the shaft in the hub is 23-24mm iirc, then others are simple,