ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bottom bolt on rear damper 172 - Spring swap

VaVa
Is a 12mm thread.

Had a right b*****d getting the offside one out and managed to damage the threads in the hole in the process. Had to run a tap though it. They also have some kind of thread lock on them, so I'd advise putting a bit on when you re-assemble.

So in case anyone else has the same problem now you know!

Oh and I have 12mm taps and a die-nut should anyone need one lol.....

Now on to the fronts :( :rolleyes:

M

mini-valver

Did you jack it up and then un-do themwith the weight of the axle on the bolt? Thats the only way I can see them getting fooked!

Best thing to do is jack it up, axle stands and then jack the axle up to undo the damper bolts!

VaVa
Nope.

Was a b*****d. Nearside flew out.... I reckon it may have been cross threaded on the way in and the thread was already fucked or summat..... because they've not been off before to my knowledge.

Still... better than new now lol.

M

mini-valver

Pmsl! Mine were really stiff towards the end of the thread, think it's because the exposed end gets corroded and wont pass through the thread.

Meh, sorted now!

VaVa
My little hands not strong enough child! :(

I nearly popped my shoulder out tightening it.

My next house will have a hydraulic lift tbh.

M

mini-valver

LOL! I saw a portable car lift the other day for about £1500, looked pretty good, shame I'm about as well off as a Samalian.

VaVa
I'm serious. I reckon you could hire it out to folk when you don't need it. Scratting about on the floor in this weather FTFL!

M

mini-valver

Yeah definately. It's in the back of this months PFC if you have it, lol.