ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a lens...

Not something I've done nearly as often as I might have expected when I first bought my DSLR, but I've bought a lens (second-hand, of course)...

359626316_oJi28-L.jpg

Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 EX APO IF HSM, 2.6kg :eek: This was firmly in 'dream' category when I got my DSLR nearly 2 years ago, but through some extremely shrewd purchasing I've managed to bag myself one, and my total kit for motorsport photography will still remain under £1000 including camera body. Considering I pan at 1/30 and do other ridiculous things, this is going to be one hell of a challenge, looking forward to it!

Pissing my pants with excitement. Don't think I will make it to the DTM at Brands this weekend as I will probably only have a 50mm (that and the kit lens are currently all I own!), the Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-S and Nikon 300mm f4 have funded this beast.

You will have arms like popeye soon !

Was worried about the size but I had a good look at Steve's (who I believe works with Nick, bumped into him as he was going to see him after quali) and it seemed manageable, and considering it's not costing me anything I couldn't turn down a £2k lens. It is a kg more than my 80-200 though so I will indeed look a bit Popeye-esq after a few weeks.

106 GTi
I know what you mean hence why I have avoided buying one, just find a small immigrant boy to rest it on and carry it ....

dk

911 GTS Cab
i had the 50-500mm sigma at the british gp a couple of years ag, that weighted 3.2kg i think and is a monster!

It will certainly be heavy after a few hours lol, good lens though

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
has it been grip taped? also where you use for second hand stuff?

Rally bus
Two good lenses you've traded in there, I hope you'll get more consistently sharp images with a Sigma than I managed to with the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
thanks for the link i have contacted them i got some stuff i need to get rid of, emailed them for some prices :)

i want a sb900 and some other lenses, so hopefully should free up some cash.

Two good lenses you've traded in there, I hope you'll get more consistently sharp images with a Sigma than I managed to with the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 :(

I know it's risky but I figured it would be fun to have a change, if I hate it I can use it for the rest of this season and make a nice sum back on it later on. I'm sure eventually I will own a 80-200 again, love it.

f**k! get a pic of it on the camera!!!!

Arrived today...

363356103_uAP8F-L.jpg

Not as big as I was expecting to be honest, looks perfectly useable. Pretty darn heavy though, and that's from someone coming from a 80-200 2.8 AF-S. It's in better condition than I thought, though. Apart from it looking a bit used cosmetically it's perfect.

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
nice lense choice

i have been wanting for one of these since day one, i got the half arsed budget version 100-300 f4 and have been pretty impressed with that. So the 120-300 can only be better.

I will be interested to see if your shooting style changes at all in the next few months.

Get some DTM pics up