ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought an M140i

Clio 182
So I was getting a little bored of the S3, no doubt it was a great car but the drive got a bit dull and it often felt the car was doing all the work!

As such I decided to go for the M140i to keep me a bit more on my toes and I must say, I am loving it!

Put a quick video together for anyone interested to run through my initial impressions:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Not long had mine and still love it.
I’m dealing with a rattling exhaust and squeaking window rubbers now though which is a bit annoying.

Clio 182
Not long had mine and still love it.
I’m dealing with a rattling exhaust and squeaking window rubbers now though which is a bit annoying.

I already have the rattling exhaust myself, goes in next thursday to be looked at but I don’t hold much hope from what I have heard online. Would love to get the MPE for free but that seems to be a bit unheard of more lately!

Have they tried to do anything for your exhaust yet?

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I already have the rattling exhaust myself, goes in next thursday to be looked at but I don’t hold much hope from what I have heard online. Would love to get the MPE for free but that seems to be a bit unheard of more lately!

Have they tried to do anything for your exhaust yet?

Yes mate, it’s been in 5 times now for investigation and software updates. They are going to fit a new revised back box but won’t fit an MPE even if I pay the difference.

Clio 182
Yes mate, it’s been in 5 times now for investigation and software updates. They are going to fit a new revised back box but won’t fit an MPE even if I pay the difference.

Really not looking forward to going through this process, I will see what they say first time. If it is not resolved first time I am going to reject the car on the basis I don’t have time to be going to and from dealerships and be given the run around like so many others have had to do!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
To be fair to BMW. Customers expecting £1000 RRP parts because of a rattle is a bit rich.

Rejecting a car for a rattle also sounds ambitious although it's not like I have any authority there.

Clio 182
I don’t want a free £1000 exhaust, well I do, but it’s more I want a fix for what is clearly an issue! There is rattles and then there is the sound this makes sometimes on start up. It’s deafening!

I bought the car from cooper but my local is dick lovett so it is going to them on thursday. I don’t have time to mess about so I will give them thursday to suggest what they are going to do, let them do it and if that fails then I will reject it.

I know it sounds extreme but you are paying nearly £40k for a brand new car and you don’t expect it to sound worse than a 20 year old (i wont put a car here in order not to upset anyone), but you know what I mean!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Lovely motor. I'm really wanting one of these as my next car.

Did you get the exhaust rattle sorted in the end?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I regularly see a few of these shadow edition ones knocking around......cheap(ish) lease deals again?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Theyre well priced for what they are. And similarly to the RS3, you have to pay a lot more to get the same next level of performance.

Theyre not what I'd call cheap though. They don't make them in manual anymore so you have the auto version priced into the base spec (fwiw I'd only get the auto anyway).

They have good levels of discount, but it's still going to cost you around £500pm for the first year in depreciation.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I pick mine up in two weeks and I’m a little excited. Only drove their demo model for about 20mins though and I was a bit reserved.
How is it to live with?

Also see this is identical to mine - shadow edition in 3 door grey. Wanted orange but that was a factory order and an extra £100 a month as it wouldn’t be included in this quarters sales figures so they wouldn’t do a deal, so got instead got a better spec one for less as it was currently being built. Did you get the adaptive suspension? As that was the only thing I couldn’t test as the demo didn’t have it.