ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought my First Cliosport this Evening!

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Well after searching for a month or so i have bought my first Cliosport.

I have owned a facelift EP3 Civic Type R in Cosmic Grey and Mini Cooper S in past 2 years but as its time to save for a House the latest car i have the Mini is needing to go and be replaced with something cheaper.

The Cliosport i bought this Evening and Collect on Saturday is a Ph1 172.

Its in Silver and is in very good condition for age. Car has done 106k with £1200 spent 3,000 miles ago/5 months ago on a Cambelt, Waterpump, Auxillary Belt, Full Service, New Track Rod Ends, New Exhaust Mounts.

It has Full Renault Service History up until 2009/90,000 miles and then non dealer after that.

It has absolute loads of Service History/Paperwork with it.

The seats have absolute no wear on them at all and also as a first i've never seen before the Steering wheel is immaculate with not a tiny bit of wear at all.

On the Exterior there is small parking dent otherwise again is immaculate for age.

Only Mod is a Cat-Back Stainless but there will be more to come as yet ;)

Overall im very Happy with the car and it certainly looks like it has been looked after over the years.

Nice 1 buddy, sounds like a nice ph1 you have there

Welcome to the french side ( The right side )

I myself came from a ep3 to a 182 and not looked back since,

Enjoy your clio mate :D

I have owned a facelift EP3 Civic Type R in Cosmic Grey and Mini Cooper S in past 2 years but as its time to save for a House the latest car i have the Mini is needing to go and be replaced with something cheaper.

Which do you feel handles better and is faster out of the 3?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Not according to their website smart arse ;)

Also I said they drop the standard Renault. I didn't say they replaced it, in your logic I would have been calling it a Renault Renaultsport Clio.

What do you select as the manufacturer of your car when looking at insurance? Assuming you have a Renaultsport Clio. Do you just leave it blank?

No further questions.

Last edited:
  172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Which do you feel handles better and is faster out of the 3?

Pretty hard tbh due to the fact my Civic was on Coilovers and decent set of Bridgestone RE030 on them which i was really impressed with and was like on rails that thing.

Where as the Mini is Standard with the gash Runflats as Standard but still handles well.

If the Mini was on Coilovers with decent tyres id have to say the Mini probably would be the better handling car out of the two i've had.

I couldnt comment on the Clio as yet due to the fact i've only driven it on a 2 mile test drive and don't pick it up until Saturday/Sunday

My EP3 was on tein coilovers with fast road setup and good tyres and yeh it handled well I was impressed, but I felt that when I lowered my cup just on springs it out handled the ep3, then when I changed to coilovers it only got better.