ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Bias - 182 Trophy

Clio 172 - Track Car
Hi guys just trying to find the root cause of some handling issues im having with my trophy under heavy/high speed breaking. When breaking the car seems to snake and the rear end becomes fairly twitchy. Just wondering if anyone knows the standard percentages for front/rear bias as everything mechanically seems ok.

Cheers Sean

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hi guys just trying to find the root cause of some handling issues im having with my trophy under heavy/high speed breaking. When breaking the car seems to snake and the rear end becomes fairly twitchy. Just wondering if anyone knows the standard percentages for front/rear bias as everything mechanically seems ok.

Cheers Sean

You have that issue if one of/both the front dampers are knackered.

Or the rears lol.

Clio 172 - Track Car
by fast im talking about 80mph plus (on private roads of course) but essentially when i have to break hard. Front dampers have recently been refurbed at cornering force. Rears are koni adjustable currently set on softest setting but have played around with it hard etc. I wouldn't say its a massive problem but it certainly upsets the handling in comparison to my mates completely standard trophy.

Clio Trophy
My rear Koni were set half way between hard and soft, I have since given them a half turn too hard and now they feel about spot on, I would tweak yours a bit

Clio 182 Trophy
I also have a trophy with koni rears and I wouldn't set them full soft, I have them set one turn back from full hard and the front sachs set to 20 clicks from soft and its pretty much spot on for the road. On track 25 clicks front, full hard on the rears.