ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake bias on a mk2 172

ph 2 172
I´ve been searching the forum and they say that de mk2 172 has no brake bias valve and the ABS system handles those things.
I want to increase the brake pressure on the rear brakes.
Any ideas how can I do this?
Is it possible to do it from the ABS computer or something?

Why do you want more pressure at the back?

Easy option is to bin the ABS system or have it unplugged and run a Bais valve you'd need a stiuff suspension realy though.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I want to increase the brake pressure on the rear brakes. Any ideas how can I do this?

Replace the brake master cylinder with one with one that has a more-rear-biased ratio of front/rear piston sizes. Or change the rear brake calipers to ones with more piston area so you get more braking with the same line pressure.

Is there a variation of the Clio that has rear disks and more weight on the rear that might have either a different brake master cylinder or different rear calipers (with handbrake)?

Of course whether this something you should do is another matter.

Last edited:
  ph 2 172
I have very stiff suspension... But all the alternatives seem kinda complicated. I think I´ll try with better disks. I have in the front those rotors with the holes and the trenches and stuff, I didn´t put that on the rear because I have to make someone fabricate that from me. I´m from Argentina I could get the front rotors with the holes and stuff ... but they didn´t make the rear ones. I think I should go for that.

Lionel Richie
the discs with holes and grooves in will make no difference to brake bias, and you'll be wasting your money

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Changing your front disks to drilled/slotted disks doesn't change your brake bias. It wouldn't have been changed unless you changed the calipers. Did you?

ph 2 172
I know changing the rotors won´t change brake bias. What I am saying is that since I have the drilled rotos in front I should get the same in the rear and not changing brake bias. Maybe that´s my problem

172 Cup (track) FS
Fred - is there any sort of adjustable brake bias valve available and is it worthwhile with the right caliper setup ?

(for 172 Cup and track-only use)