ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake bias sensing valve missing

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
I had my first mot on my car(172 cup) over the weekend and it failed on the rear brake sensing valve not being there. The mot inspector said that there was no braking on the rear discs at all when the foot brake is pressed and proved as the rear discs were not scoured as they would as soon you hit the brakes. I had a set of new rear discs fitted a few weeks ago at a different garage, they had put on the wrong set before which rubbed against the axle stub grinding the edge from it.

I obvouisly think that the garage who did the brakes have either removed this or it has fallen off due to the vibrations caused. Has anyone else encountered this problem. Just wondered what I need to do and where this valve (sensor) is located. so I can see for myself what has happened.

Thanks

there is a valve, but it is just not connected to the axle, the bias does not change with axle/load position.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Same as above this is a known issue there will be min effort with the rear brakes and the valve is there but the connecting arm to the axle isn't.