ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake biting on slightly?

b/g 182, meg tourer
if this was happening on the rear slightly how woukld i check it? jack it up and spin the wheel?
if it was biting on slightly how would it be fixed? wind the piston in? clean the slider plate and copper grease it?

sorry if they are stupid questions, just wanted to check, had to fork out £200 for new rear discs, pads and bearings due to excessive heat causing the disc to crack and i don't want it happening again.
cheers

Dodgy one
Yes jack it up and see which ones binding, Ive just stripped mine down Yesterday because tha handbrake was a bit w**k lol, Strip them, Clean them up, and use Lithium grease on the sliders. Theres a guide avaliable too if youre not too confident/never done it before

HTH

b/g 182, meg tourer
thanks mate. i have already done that, seems to have done the trick. was just wondering if it wasnt the pads sticking on the sliders if it could be a seized piston or anything. seems ok now tho