ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake clips

Corsa
Hi all, I seem to have lost the clips and the metal plate that holds the pads to the caliper! Do you know where i will be able to get some from?

If you could let me know asap that would be wicked

Rob

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
if you buy pads from Renault, you get the clips with them,

not sure if you can buy them on there own?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i presume this is rear brakes you are talking about?

do you mean the L shaped metal plate?

as for the clips i left mine off lol not sure if it was a good idea or not :S

if it's for the rears, then it is possible to get kits of the slider, pin and springs. i've had them from High Street parts shops but don't know if they're available from Renault.

it's worth bearing in mind that these (rear) calipers have been used by Renault-Peugeot-Citroen on *a lot* of different cars for well over 20 years now - so you needn't necessarily be asking for a Renault fitting kit

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
i presume this is rear brakes you are talking about?

do you mean the L shaped metal plate?

as for the clips i left mine off lol not sure if it was a good idea or not :S

Dont the clips hold the pads in place securely?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
well the L shaped plate does that, but i think the spring clips help, so im gonna put them back in :)

Corsa
All sorted, got clips etc from a motor shop in town!! now i need new discs for the rear. this cars pissing me off now!!