ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Ducts Fitted-Ready for Oulton!!!!!

Turbo Beige
I have spent today fitting some brake ducts into the holes on left by the now removed foglights.

Start of the day

DSCF0249.jpg

Front bumper off, ready to remove fogs.

DSCF0252.jpg

Bumper off, fogs out.

DSCF0254.jpg

Thought i would remove the AV while i was there (prep for the next mod).

DSCF0256.jpg

Lunch

DSCF0260.jpg

Last edited:
  Turbo Beige
Cutting inner arches for ducting.

DSCF0262.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

Ducts are a bit larger than i expected, but i kind of like them like this.

DSCF0267.jpg

Bumper back on.

DSCF0269.jpg

Ducts cut, routed and zip-tied in place (clearance checked at full lock!!!!)

DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0274.jpg

All done, along with wheels off cleaned inside and front to backed etc.

DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0280.jpg

Last edited:
  FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Good effort, i hate my fog lights.

Could they be trimmed to sit in flush and less obvious?

i would have got some proper cup racer style intakes from YozSport... those look a little out of place.

but function over form, im sure they'll do the trick! :approve:

Turbo Beige
Herdie- They will hopefully, had big problems with overheating,bothat Oulton last year and on both my 'ring trips.

Paul J- I could cut these down so that they sit flush (what i was aiming for) but i like them like this. But you can get ones with a smaller diameter ducting, mine is 89mm id, there are others and also different colour options on the inlet as well.

good effort :D

I am sure they will make a difference on track otherwise they wouldnt have bothered with them on the cup racers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not too sure on the inlets tbh, i would've forked out the extra for the YS items

fair play though matey, let us know if they make a difference as it's something i'm looking at for the summer.

Turbos.
Prefer the foggies in to be honest, or the offical Cup racer ducts.

They'll make sod all difference too, although you will introduce lift at high speeds!

Turbo Beige
They'll make sod all difference too, although you will introduce lift at high speeds!

Is that why every race/rally/track car worth there weight has them? If you are woried about high speed lift on a Clio then im afraid you know nothing about aerodynamics!!!!! And are highly optimistic of your cars capabilities!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
im not sure whether they are too obvious for me, i dont mind having the CAF cut into the lower grill, but im not sure about those. sure they will do alot of good though, have you tried the hair dryer trick? )ie put the hair dryer by the cold air feed and feel how much air comes through at the other end)

jamie

Turbo Beige
Was going to try them out, but i dont own a hair dryer and the acid test will be Oulton on Saturday.

Clio f7r Trackcar
dunno if brake ducts will be needed for oulton on sat.

a better mod would be a snow plough attachment! ;)