ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Ducts

172 Track Car
The old man decided brake ducts would be a wonderful idea after we completely cooked a set of brembo max discs and RC5+ pads. Into the office on a Saturday morning and we grabbed some ducting (rated to 150 celsius, hopefully it will do?).

IMAG0589.jpgIMAG0590.jpgIMAG0591.jpgIMAG0592.jpgIMAG0593.jpgIMAG0594.jpgIMAG0595.jpg

On the near side it's jammed up against a piece of engine and held in by a bracket, any idea what this bit of engine is? Looks like a ancillary cover so I'm guessing circa 120 Celsius max.

A quick blow of air down the front and they work well.

Do you guys think they're ok?

172/1.2/E30
The "piece of engine" is actually the gearbox' 5th gear cover. Setup looks fine as long as the wheels still have enough space to move. In my experience, removing foglights and arch liners offers a sufficient cooling wwithout the need for a chunky ducting.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had any experience with this type of donkey d*ck but I'd tend to agree with the above regarding the fogs.

172 Track Car
Ahh ok, might try taking it off then in future. Cheers for the replies.

The "piece of engine" is actually the gearbox' 5th gear cover. Setup looks fine as long as the wheels still have enough space to move. In my experience, removing foglights and arch liners offers a sufficient cooling wwithout the need for a chunky ducting.

Doh, should have known! In future I'll say piece of powertrain, but it's good to know it will be fine heat wise.