ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fluid Bottle

Renault Clio 182
I want to top up my brake fluid, I have taken off the engine cover and got to the brake fluid bottle, then taken off the plug thats attached to the cap. However, I still cannot unscrew the cap as the engine is in the way? Any help would be most appreciated? Probably being dumb!

Da

Less
Yeah it's a right royal pain mate!

The easiest way I found is with using a gloved hand for better grip. I simply could not budge mine this morning with bare hands even though I had removed it only yesterday evening.

Also make sure you release the hand brake, I'm not sure if this is actually related but it seemed to help in my case.

I'd love to meet the designer who opted to put such a vital maintenance part in such an inaccessable position! :mad:

Da

Less
Possibly...but either way it's still inaccessable down behind the engine. Why it isn't up near the header tank is beyond me.

Iceberg 172
Just had the same problem finding the f**ker!

The handbook shows a LHD setup with it handily placed between the header tank and the PAS reservoir on the RHS of the engine bay. Of course in the conversion to RHD it had to be moved across along with the brake pedal.

More to the point, why didn't the f*cking French designer take into account the hardly insignificant RHD market requirements in the first place?!