ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fluid for Track use

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Hi guys, what uprated Brake Fluid is best for hard road- & harder track-use?

I have a ph1 172, currently running standard brakes (new discs & pads were fitted before I bought the car 1k miles ago, so will be staying until I've worn them out ;) not long...) with soon-to-be-fitted Goodridge brake hoses.

Cheers, Paul.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
ive got some motul rbf600 for the track car

no idea what its like as i havent driven the car yet, castrol do an srf racing fluid, but at £37 without vat! i went for a cheaper option lol

Megane Trophy
The best fluid available is Castrol SRF.

However for the clio id say the Motul or the Castrol response will be good enough.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Just remember that most dedicated track cars change their fluid everytime they use the car. I used 5.1 dot for my old car, no idea whats in this one, standard 4 dot i assume.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
The higher the DOT, i.e. from 4 to 5, the higher the boiling point so better for hard use?

Or have I got that wrong??

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ive got a new 1 ltr of castrol srf for sale

£25

its £50 new

i also have some mocal from brake lines for a 172 for £15

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the SRF is twice as good lol

its £50 plus postage for 1ltr LOL

you said you were looking to fit goodridge lines to the car, well i have some front mocal (same if not better than goodridge) braided lines for sale

£15 delivered. if your changing the fluid with such expensive stuff. then a week later fit braided lines, you will have to re bleed all over

so its best to do at once

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
better still, drop the lot and buy one of my compbrake kits.

then you get

new pads
two piece bell and rotor disks
CNC brackets
pro race 3 calliper
stainless steel lines
all fixings,

normal RRP is £800

im running a group buy for £650 delivered

s16.jpg

s15.jpg

s11.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bin the pads pin too. Forgot to say, a solid bar stops the chinkling in reverse!