ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fluid

Skoda Fabia vRS

if im doin the hoses i may aswell replace the fluid, probably needs doin anywayz

what do you all recommend

Demon Tweeks do some DOT5 stuff that doesnt ever need changing, which would be nice

does normal DOT5 need changin every so often then ?

hydroscopic dot 5 fluid wear fast...ie absorbs water which decreases its boiling point...so needs replacing ofter. the stuff you on about is silicon brake flui, iei it wont ever absorb water, however, some people are not too fond of it cause it heat properties are different.

go you your work (halfords) and just buy the castrol super syntheic dot 4 brake flud, more than engouh, cheap, and just as good as the dot5.1 stuff.

BMW 320d Sport

Well proper DOT 5.1s not exactly gonna break the bank, theres only a couple of quid difference, you need about a bottle and a half.

The DOT 5 silicone supposedly has a bit of a spongy feel to it. Not much good if youre trying to get rid of a soft brake pedal!

Skoda Fabia vRS

which should i get then guys

if 5.1 is better then i will buy that, however i dont want to change it every few months

every year or 2 i can cope with though, and im sure the halfords 5.1 says on the back to replace every 2 years.....so should i get that ?

the only other thing than 5.1 i would consider is the Castrol synthetic dot4

just stick with the castrol dot 4. dot 5.1 will gain you nothing at all. were you thinking it would help you brake better?

what benefit could it possibly give you?