ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pad choices - suggestions please.

clio 182 cup suspens
I've got a 45k Mile 182 cup suspension pack. I've just fitted high carbon brembos and 'renault pads' I got from Ebay. 200 miles in and theyre about bedded, but the pads feel more semi competition - they don't bite from cold but get heat in them and they become a lot better. I'd like to change the pads before the discs are grooved and so can't mate with another pad. Suggestions please? I drive like a granny on the way to work most of the time, I'm only a hooligan in it every now and then. Does anyone have any idea what I should get that will give good bite from cold and be ok when I'm giving it a bit of stick? Are EBC ultimax any good as supplied by KTR? EBC greenstuff? Or do I have to splash out on expensive pagid blue jobbies?

If anyone has experience about this if you could advise. I dont want any track pads or comp pads, must work from cold and for a bit of spirited use,

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Genuine are good, as are Standard Ferodo, Brembo, Pagid etc. I sell Pagid where "not upgraded" is specified

clio 182 cup suspens
Yes I thought I'd bought genuine renault pads off ebay - my bad, but now they're fitted and bedded, they definitely dont bite from cold, give them some heat and they start to work better - not right for my driving style. I'm wondering if I should try a reputable supplier for proper genuine ones or get greenstuff or similar, it's a brake jungle out there! The best brakes I ever had were standard GTI ones on my peugeot 306gti6, which I then bought and put on my 306 HDI. very dissapointed with the clio brakes in comparison to be honest :(

Yes I thought I'd bought genuine renault pads off ebay - my bad, but now they're fitted and bedded, they definitely dont bite from cold, give them some heat and they start to work better - not right for my driving style. I'm wondering if I should try a reputable supplier for proper genuine ones or get greenstuff or similar, it's a brake jungle out there! The best brakes I ever had were standard GTI ones on my peugeot 306gti6, which I then bought and put on my 306 HDI. very dissapointed with the clio brakes in comparison to be honest :(

Are you sure they were genuine also is your brake fluid any good Clio brakes are very good.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You'll find some people who love one brake pad and others who have nothing good to say about them . It's purely a personal choice . Ferodo DS2500's are probably one of the most popular for fast road driving . I myself use Mintex 1144's on the front and am more than happy with them on the road , coupled with brembo max discs . Standard Renault pads on the back . Apparently the design of the 182's wheel doesn't allow suficient cooling , so can cause your arse to twitch from time to time when you least expect it if they get a bit hot :eek:

clio 182 cup suspens
Brake fluid was topped up just a few weeks ago, nothing wrong with the pedal being spongy or anything like that. Ok I'll go to a reputable genuine renault pad supplier. Do you know of a good price or a best place to get geuine front pads? £54 all in from Ktec sounds a bit steep £45 world of parts Ltd

Brake fluid was topped up just a few weeks ago, nothing wrong with the pedal being spongy or anything like that. Ok I'll go to a reputable genuine renault pad supplier. Do you know of a good price or a best place to get geuine front pads? £54 all in from Ktec sounds a bit steep £45 world of parts Ltd
I meant has the brakes been bled with soem decient fluid and the cylinders and servo ok?

Renault aren't a bad call for brake pads often ask for trdae discount if you want to try your luck whats the worst they can say offer cash etc

clio 182 cup suspens
Yes alls well mechanically. To be honest the pattern part brakes I've just replaced had plenty of life left in them and felt better than the new ones. Rubbish pads seems to be the diagnosis, feel a git for changing them now, awe well, will look for the best price on genuine. Thanks for your advice guys. Four new contisport contact 2s on the weekend and a 4 wheel align soon and she should be fighting fit :)

Cal

172 Cup
The renault ones should be spot on for what you have mentioned dude. I think DS2500's are great for daily use, and mintex 1144's do a decent job too.

Cheers just purchased Renault ones now will let you know if they're better, hope so!

If you can, could you take a photo of the pad before you fit them please. Interested in how you get on, I'm sure others would like to know how non-brand "O/E" compares to Brembo / Pagid / ferodo "O/E" compares to "genuine Renault" from dealer... cheers!