ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pad kit or clip?

I just bought my 182 and it developed a knocking noise on the way home, turns out one of the clips on the passenger side brake pads fell off and the other is just hanging in.

Wondering if this would fit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-P...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item3ccde4c64d

and also if it's still safe to drive? it's braking perfectly, only issue is the knock at slow speeds, doesn't do it when reversing either which is pretty weird.

Any help is appreciated... here is a picture of what I'm on about haha.

(not from my car)

DSCF0389-1.jpg (it's not the one where the arrow is pointing, it's the two above it. one is missing.)

There's a question - on my car these are fitted the other way round, with the clips going bottom to top and the arrow'd bit at the top of the caliper - which is the right orientation, or doesn't it matter?

I think the 'springs' are just anti-squeal, I don't think they will be the cause of your knock. Safe to drive.