ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pads for PH1 172

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

I am fully aware this topic has been covered a million times before. But after an hour or so of searching and trawling through threads I am still looking for an answer!

Basically needing to change the discs and pads on the Clio.

I have already bought and recieved a set of Brembo HC front discs for the bargain price of £45 delivered.

I am now looking for a set of front and rear pads (rear discs are fine).

I have a budget of about £100 max for the lot, give or take £20.

Read many mixed reviews on EBC Greenstuff and Yellowstuff. Some people like, others dont. I am not really looking to spend £120+ on a set of front pads, so Ferodo DS2500's are out of the question unfortunately.

Ideally looking for a fast road pad, decent performance and longevity with as little brake dust as possible (as I hate having to clean my wheels :eek:)

Any ideas peopleeee?

Cheers!

Clio 197
I have some EBC Ultimax pads (not sure if they are same as the KTEC ones) - i got these from ebay for about £18 - coupled with my Brembo HC's cant fault them to be honest , especially for £63 all in

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I have some EBC Ultimax pads (not sure if they are same as the KTEC ones) - i got these from ebay for about £18 - coupled with my Brembo HC's cant fault them to be honest , especially for £63 all in

Would that be these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DP1369-EBC-FR...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b105f9da

Found them earlier, I think they are the same as the Ktec ones. Just seemed a little cheap is all in comparison!

If they are good enough I cannot see why not :)

How long have you been using them for?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not really sure what to suggest tbh.

The only pads that are ever really rated are the ferredo's.

Just go for anything that's not budget.

As for the rears, just go for the cheapest thing possible.