ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pads for trackday car

VW Touran, BeetleCab
Hi,
Want a set of pads for my trackday car. Going to be running Brembo HC discs up front, and std gen Renault set up on rear. I am not a heavy braker, even at the track, so what would you recommend for pads, and who do I get them off?
DS2500's??
Rich

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I will check tomorrow it's just that I rang them today for a price as I use the car for sprinting and decent pads and they tried to sell me ds2500 for £84

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Just seen them on the bay for £80 ish from tweeks. Unless they are rears at that price?

Edit they are rears...

Balance do them for £106

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Well I picked up my FS2500 (FCP565H) from Tweeks for £84 plus vat today but if you can get them cheaper of Auto Nation get them bud.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Not sure as I bought them off someone on here but they are a lot better than the ds2500's and I've tried both back to back.

Ive bought the DS2500 for a good price from Demon Tweeks I will see how they go:).

ITB'd MK1
obvioulsy. Swings and roundabouts on the pad life vs cost if you're using 3 sets of disks to one set of pads, rather than 1 set of each with the pads costing half. Works out about the same

182cup & 172 racecar
Saying that we expected to get through at least 2 sets of discs last year,one set lasted all year,result.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Ive bought the DS2500 for a good price from Demon Tweeks I will see how they go:).

Don't get me wrong, they are good and you would be as well trying them before the pagid's but if you can get some RS4's you'll notice the difference. You need to use them with max brembos so they don't glaze over.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Don't get me wrong, they are good and you would be as well trying them before the pagid's but if you can get some RS4's you'll notice the difference. You need to use them with max brembos so they don't glaze over.

I had them on my 182 and done a couple of sprints with them and they lasted well, Pagid's are twice as much of DS2500's but are they twice as good??

RB 182
I'm trying out some DS300's on Tuesday, initial impression is that they don't half fooking stop! :D Let's see what they are like on a few long stints.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I ran pagid blacks at Donington on Monday, fierce stopping power with smooth initial bite. Think Tony's run these before too?