ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pads - how many miles?

M135i, 118 coupe
How many miles would you expect to get out of a rear set of brake pads in normal driving.

I've had some fitted in the summer and a Renault garage just put some tyres on for me and said the rears need replacing soon. Could they of been fitted wrong to cause them to wear quickly?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
they should not be worn out this early so assess the pads yourself. Some garages will bulls**t

Listerine & Poledo
only if you've got seized calipers, which they'd have fixed when fitting the new pads.

I had 3 years out of pads and discs all round! Had a bit of a bargain on getting them redone too, not via renault mind

Not a 320d
My rears are fine, plenty left, but i destoyed my fronts in 11,000 miles. I know its not a sport but its taken a beasting on occasions - they were s**t though, needed to be absolutely hammered, werent good udner normal driving either. Under sensible driving i would expect minimum 20k.