ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pedal judder

Evening All,

Getting some minor juddering and a slight grinding noise through the brake pedal when braking slowly just before coming to a stop. Pads only half worn but front discs do ideally need changing... That said they aren't completely shot to bits. Rears are shagged, rear pads have a few mm lol, not that they do much.

Quick search on here suggests it could be an ABS ring. Can anyone confirm or suggest anything else?

If so, is it likely to be front (I understand the rears are part of the disk). Really CBA to spend an afternoon taking the hub apart to get to the ring, so I'll add it to the "to do list" for the impending aux service if this is the case.

Thanks
Sam

ETA: like this... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?186464-Brakes-grinding

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm going to be honest with you pickwick, I'm not sure what you're asking??

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
is this at low speed sam? more than willing to take a look if you wanted me too?
could just be disc are warpped and corroded or ABS rings broken

is this at low speed sam? more than willing to take a look if you wanted me too?
could just be disc are warpped and corroded or ABS rings broken

Very kind of you mate. I haven't even looked myself yet (so knackered that I was hoping for a keyboard diagnosis lol) but I might take you up on that.

Cup In bits
Don't think it's a pad simply as they are ds2500s that have a fair bit of meat on them at the front. Worth poking about though I guess! Cheers.

Have you checked the piston side though? I'm guessing you looked through the wheel at the outside pad like most do.

I haven't even looked lol! Waiting for the BH weekend. But they were only fitted a month ago with 7-8mm of friction material before the backing plate. Gonna have a proper nosey on Saturday.

Clio, Rover 25
My girlfriends car is having the exact same issue! Changed the pads and disks 3 weeks ago and still the same issue. Gona change that ABS ring that you suggested when im free so i'll keep you posted. Absolutely annoying

Sorry to dig an old post!
Pretty sure I've got the same issue on my 182, was just wondering what you guys found the problem to be? Obviously ill give the pads a check but did the ABS ring fix the issue in the end?