ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pipes & L Sensor setting

Failed MOT on a rear pipe from load sensor valve to drivers rear caliper. However ended up changing all the rear pipes which was not fun but managed it, and also managed to connect all four connection onto top of load sensor valve and get it remounted correctly (anybody whose done this will know its fairly awkward, anybody about to do it give us a shout for help and pics). Anyway everything is sound, however I think the load sensor valve is not set right, as I feel I am not getting enough brake force on rear (even though it went through MOT yesterday), which leads me to assume load sensor actuating arm needs adjusted. However this is meant to be dealer only job, which makes me want to do it myself. Anybody know procedure to set these correctly (this knowledge would be handy for people lowering their clio also). I am assuming tightening it causes more rear braking force (as it pulls arm in same direction as if the car was more heavily loaded?, any help

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have a look which way the suspension operates the valve.the valve allows more pressure through the lower the rear suspension is(eg,loaded up with people) so adjust the link rod so it acts on the valve in the same direction as the axle would.the proper accurate way to adjust it is by using in line pressure gauges and comparing the rear pressure when the front is at the specified pressure.why do you think the rears arent working? its passed the mot brake roller test and its your front brakes that do most of the work anyway.

that was what i was thinking, think i will just adjuste it up until car feels better under heavy braking. Had a golf gti before that was fond o locking its back wheels and it got me and the person i sold it to into trouble a couple of times, bit of a liability.

As an aside is it possible to buy a caliper overhual kit for valver rear calipers. Mine were siezed for MOT with seals and rubbers digged or missing. Freed them off for MOT but its only a matter of time before they sieze again, but pins are fine so it seems a bit excessive to buy new calipers. Just never seen a repair kit listed anywhere

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

no you cant buy the caliper overhaul kits anymore.you can get the caliper slides and some rubber seals separatly i think but best to check with your local dealer.