ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Problemo

Advice needed, last nite i had a problem with my brakes they seemed to grind if i pushed the pedal all the way down.... so this mornin on the way to work thought id do a brake test to see if it was sumut lodged in them and the problem got worse i can hear the disc now spinning as the car moves and it grinds like f**k..... I looked at the pads and one is non existant but yesterday mornin was full of live, anyway does any1 know why the pad has gone so quick/ broke off?? or if anythin could have gone and cause this to happen this mornin?

faulty pads mate is all i can think!

Did mine at the weekend, only took 45 mins to replace both sets of front pads!!

I do have ramps thou so it does help!

Smokey

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

best bet is replace the pads, could be a faulty caliper but I would do the cheapest things first and replace the pads. But monitor the pad wear and make sure that the pads arent really scrubbing otherwise the disks might heat up too much.

Thanx lads now i did notice there were lips on edge of discs last mite.... but the drivers side where the pad has gone the lip has kinda grinded off is this bad? as i thought lips were bad??? two wrongs makin a rite here?