ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake q's, FF 172

Suzuki SV650
My fronts are wearing down, lip on the front discs, pedal is travelling further than it used to and on harsh braking from high speed, especially in the wet, the ABS is snapping at my right foot, so I'm in need of some new front stoppers.

Standard Ren discs seem to be enough from what I've read on here, I don't do any trackdays, although I've done a couple of days before I found the standard set-up 'ok' (for a short length of time anyway!). Where is the cheapest place to get the discs from, or should I just ask the local garage to source them for me? The ones on the GDI webby seem quite expensive for standard discs? Is that the going rate?

Pads, again, prob just go for standard Ren ones, or is it worth getting uprated ones?

Biggest query really, is braided brake lines. Always fancied some of these as they can help with brake fade (much needed on the FCS track day a couple of years ago as going thru the cones was my only option at one point :S ) Are there several makes all of varying quality? Looking at standard pads & discs I would have thought these ones would be alright?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...ryZ23013QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Mucho thankos...

Edit: Can a mod move this to the proper forum! I didn't even know there was a f00kin brake forum.

£60 ish for the disks IMO I always chnage disk and pads at once.

pads each to there one but I find there fine especaily on 172 for most drivers with good fluid. But there always green stuff or ds2500 but there more expensive etc.

Braided lines yep its an option if you want to then go for the yozzasport kits they often sell lines pads and disks as a set cheaply.

As for the ones you've lined to well check GDI/yoassport etc often a packagae is cheaper thn sperate buying,.

that will be fine for road use i would have thought. Best thing you can do is braided lines with fresh and bled dot4 in the system.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
the std discs are more expensive than the Brembo option, there is very little in the quality between them... but our customers feel that the Brembo have the edge. at £57 a pair inc VAT that is pretty good value

Suzuki SV650
Can't help but being tight on these Fred as the service is still due as well. I guess £57 for discs is ok I remember valver discs being of a similar price a long while ago. Thx for the help.

TVR Cerbera
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£55 all in. for pads and discs? Surely not? Anyone bought these before?

Don't buy them.......only buy branded stuff, HC disks are very good for the money, get decent pads. i got some grooved ones off ebay with greenstuff pads and they are the worst brakes i've ever known. the worn out standard stuff was better!

I'm getting either HC disks or max disks with mintex 1144's or padgid blues depending on finances

Daz