ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Query

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Hi,

Just wondering if a set of brake discs off a 182 will fit my Mk3 1.4 without any issues? Or would I be better off getting a full brake set up such as calipers and pads? My worry is that the hubs might need changing, but since both cars are 4 stud, I just need to be sure before I start really looking into pricing.

Thanks

Andrew

Black 197
I dont think they will fit mate but i may be wrong, why do you wanna put the 182 brakes on your 1.4 mate ?.. Seems a lot of work for little gain imo, you'd be better off upgrading your discs with better pads tbh

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
front brakes on 1.2 - 1.6 16v cars are over rated for the car anyway, dont forget that 260mm setup was used on the 150bhp clio williams back in the day!

but to answer your question you will need, hubs, calipers, disks, pads and to fit these you need 2.0 suspension, and ARB lol. there may well be a cheaper easier way to do it using caliper extender brackets etc but this is the way id do it

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Well, firstly thanks for the input guys. I want to change cos Im not feeling the best performance from the brakes. Theres a lot of fade, and I know its quite common with OEM brakes. Ive been thinking about a brake upgrade as I want to do a track day before the end of the year following on from my FCS track time. Last think I want or need is a spill off the track cos my brakes are w*nked.

I did a quick check (admittedly not that intensive) for Mk3 brakes and all I found was EBC green stuff pads which Im told are worse than OEM. So, I got to thinking about fitting RS brakes. I was just wondering if they will fit ok or if there will be wishbone issues, ie are the bolt holes the same or are they way off.

Zippo, thanks for that link, they look to be good value. Since I cant find the likes of a Brembo HC disc or Ferodo DS2500 pad, they seem to be the best bet.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
front brakes on 1.2 - 1.6 16v cars are over rated for the car anyway, dont forget that 260mm setup was used on the 150bhp clio williams back in the day!

but to answer your question you will need, hubs, calipers, disks, pads and to fit these you need 2.0 suspension, and ARB lol. there may well be a cheaper easier way to do it using caliper extender brackets etc but this is the way id do it

You havent been in my car have you ;)

Thanks for the info mate, exactly what I needed to know. Which means, its a no go cos I dont think the ARB is long enough for the Mk3, though I could be wrong. Cost sounds prohibitive though.

Octavia vRS tfsi
I wouldn't put greenstuff on my push bike to be honest, but we live and learn! Just upgrade your pads and you'll be alright on the road and at the trackday you plan on doing.