ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Servo Rusty

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Was looking at my brake servo earlier, noticed there was quite a bit of rust underneath the master cylinder.
Is this normal?
1575215957791.png
1575215957791.png

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I don't know if it's normal but most I've seen have rust down there.

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
so I shouldn't be worrying about it too much?
My reservoir also seems quite wobbly on the top of the MC, is this how it should be or should it be solid?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Your MC seals will be shot and leaking. Its rusty because the brake fluid over the years will have ruined it

I had to replace the seals on my old dCi when it got too bad. Although if you can wiggle your MC then the metal will be completely rotten and it needs replacing

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
thought this might be the case...
is it a case of take apart, clean, new seals and refit or is it more a case of new servo/MC?
i didn't notice whether the MC was moving too much, but the reservoir seems to move around a lot on the top of the MC. noticed when i was undoing/doing the cap on the reservoir

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
thought this might be the case...
is it a case of take apart, clean, new seals and refit or is it more a case of new servo/MC?
i didn't notice whether the MC was moving too much, but the reservoir seems to move around a lot on the top of the MC. noticed when i was undoing/doing the cap on the reservoir
The reservoir will move as it's on 2 big seals on top of the MC mate

As long as the metal isn't too thin you should be able to just clean it, rust treat it, paint it and then fit new seals into your existing MC. I'll find my post from my thread where I did mine

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
if you could mate that would be ace!
this might be a job for the week between christmas and new year.
i found this the other day too, maybe it was brake fluid after all...

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
@YorkshireKyle easiest way to take the MC and servo out? undo everything and bring it back through the cabin with the pedal box? then i guess i need to get clip/an rs tuner to make the abs bleed easier?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@YorkshireKyle easiest way to take the MC and servo out? undo everything and bring it back through the cabin with the pedal box? then i guess i need to get clip/an rs tuner to make the abs bleed easier?
I just pulled my lines off and then pulled the MC out of the top of the bay mate. That seemed the easiest way for me as the servo on the dCi 100 is connected to the pedal box and removing the pedal box means bleeding the clutch which I couldn't be bothered to do😂

I have RS Tuner so if you're local I can pop round to help you bleed em up if you need

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
oh okay yeah - with a cable clutch I imagine its a bit easier to come through the bulkhead!
I'm gonna take a guess and say you're based in Yorkshire... unfortunately I'm about 3.5 hours south in Worcester, so unless you fancy a trip... 😆

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
oh okay yeah - with a cable clutch I imagine its a bit easier to come through the bulkhead!
I'm gonna take a guess and say you're based in Yorkshire... unfortunately I'm about 3.5 hours south in Worcester, so unless you fancy a trip... 😆
What gave the Yorkshire part away?🤔😂

Yeah it might even be easier to just pull the whole lot through the bulkhead into the footwell😂

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
What gave the Yorkshire part away?🤔😂

Yeah it might even be easier to just pull the whole lot through the bulkhead into the footwell😂
Was just a lucky guess tbh 🤷‍♂️

I'll try and tackle it from the top, but i may just drag the whole lot through the bulkhead and strip it down on a bench!
Thanks for the advice tonight bud!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Was just a lucky guess tbh 🤷‍♂️

I'll try and tackle it from the top, but i may just drag the whole lot through the bulkhead and strip it down on a bench!
Thanks for the advice tonight bud!
No problem mate. I have no idea why my pics arent loading though, frustrating because the pics i took were actually helpful😂😂

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
No problem mate. I have no idea why my pics arent loading though, frustrating because the pics i took were actually helpful😂😂
i'll keep my eyes open in the hope that they miraculously get fixed!
How much of a pain are the MC's to put new seals in? Biggred are just over the road so I should get a seal kit easy!