ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake squel

Right after fitting new discs and pads to the front, my brakes are seriously squeling on the one side. its getting to the point where its so bad its f**king embarrasing in towns!

The pads themselves move freely in the carrier, i have used copper grease in the sliders and on the backs of pads. So cant be them?

I dont think its binding as it still moves easily enough when its jacked up.

What could be causing it? Please help me before I set the thing on fire!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The compound is known for squealing especially when they're cold and at low speeds. My Mintex C1144's do it to and it can be embarrassing.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mine squealed a bit for the first 100-200 miles or so

have mine fitted at least 2 years, maybe even 3 - still loads left lol :)

The compound is known for squealing especially when they're cold and at low speeds. My Mintex C1144's do it to and it can be embarrassing.

I had heard that, but mine only does it on one side, and when hot or cold.

Mine squealed a bit for the first 100-200 miles or so

have mine fitted at least 2 years, maybe even 3 - still loads left lol :)

Iv done about 300-400 miles now and its not getting any better!

Lionel Richie
So i should get rid of the shims then? Wouldn't the pads rattle about without them though? As there wouldn't be a surface for them to run on?

God my saxo's were much simpler than this thing!

they'll rattle if you've removed too much, bin the shims, job done, trust us

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I want some of that.

Each main landing gear wheel has a disc brake assembly consisting of nine discs, four rotors, three stators, a backplate and a pressure plate.