ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes + Dirt/Stone/Grit = Squeeling Possible?

Hi.

Driving just now, and I hear this very faint squeeling starting when moving along at slow speed. The noise goes away when I brake at the end of the road.

So I'm going along, and it's getting worse and worse, but stops every time I break. Eventually the noise is always there, braking stops it for a split second and makes it quieter, but it's still there.
I'm now thinking maybe my pads/discs are low, but that seems unlikely, as it just started happening with no real warning.

Then going along some more, and I'm thinking the nearside front wheel is about to drop off.. (last time I heard squeeling like this my clutch turned into 100 pieces, so you can imagine my fear :p).

Then, a noise which sounds to me like a stone flicking off, and silence. No noise at all at any speed. Apply brake, fine. Accelerate fine. Slow speed, fine.

So, is it possible that I could have had a piece of dirt/grit between my disc and pad?
The road where it started has that evil road surface where they bang a load of stones down and roller them.. hoover up about 60% a week later and leave the rest to cause havoc.

Merci! :)

Thanks guys!

It got to the point where it was just stupidly noise, then nothing after a small ping noise!

:D