ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes for 1.2 16v

I need new discs and pads for my 2001 1.2 16v but I would rather pay a little extra and get some grooved or drilled discs and decent pads!

Anyone done this? Got brand names and prices??

Cheers Colin.

If I remember, the 1.2 16v brakes are well overated as standard!

More than enough for the 1.2.. so you might aswell save a bit of money.

Theres a few companies which do straight swaps, but k-tec do an enlarged disc set (285mm).

The OEs are probably good enough for a 1.2..but that certainly isnt enough for me, im going for the 4 pot kit which i think someone on here has already done, on a 1.6 though if i remember correctly.

-Rob

I basically want them for looks and me OE ones need changed asap. TomClio182 you got a website for them? Wanting sub £80 so k-tec a bit out!

Got Brembo Max Discs and EBC Green Stuff Pads on their way...£80 all in from Carnoisseur Inverness! Cheers to all for ur help.

Lionel Richie

calm down Benny Boy!!!! I know its a new modern technology that you have to get your mastermind to comprehend!!!!!;)

WTF??? So basically its a lucky dip as to what ones u get??
PLEASE NOTE: The picture is for illustrative purpose only, to show the style of the GROOVES, as the discs you are bidding in may be 3 or 4 or 5 stud, Solid or Vented.

Does the KTR 285mm kit from the picture become a big improvement comparativily with the 259mm original ones? I will need new discs in a few days, and was thinking about this kit.

regards

The bigger disc and better compound pads will improve braking, but not by much. However that kit spaces out the caliper which gives a better clamping force.

-Rob