ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes not working

Clio 182
Guys, jus changed my front calipers, pads, brakes & fluid; only problem now is that my pedal goes stright to the floor when the engine is running & the pedal is predded. Pumping the pedal with the engine off & it doesn't get very hard!

One thing that happened when I was swapping the calipers was that the fluid got very low in the header tank :s

Any ideas as to what's happened?

Cheers

Clio 182
Thought so, only done a partial bleed last night!
Plus left the fluid reservoir open for a few days :s

Was just wondering if air would have gotten into the abs system?

Can't wait to try out these new EBC bluestuff ndx pads....

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
FLOL.

Air and moisture definietly in the system .. I'd be flushing that through again, as brake fluid is hygroscopic.

Good luck !!!!

PS: EBC :dead: ? If you haven't fitted/used them yet, send them back and get something like Ferrodo DS2500s

E46 M3
I got air in my ABS pump when changing my lines, took forever to get out (and I still dont think its all out, rubbish pedal)

Just keep running fluid through. I had to bleed untill I got a decent pedal then fire off the ABS then re-bleed.

Clio 182
Oh I know its hygroscopic, was working at the car till 0300 this morning so a bit slow :p

New EBC seems to be getting good reviews & feedback, had DS2500 on the car for the last 3 years so want to try something different!

Ah crap, I convinced air is in the abs system :s