ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes won't bleed

Clio172 cup (RS2)
I've just fitted new rear calipers to my clio cup. Span the wheel, applied the brake and nothing. Tryed to bleed it no fluid. Fronts work fine. Any ideas?

Clio172 cup (RS2)
One man bleed kit. My dad pumped the pedal as I open and closed the bleed nipple. Nothing comes out either side. It was on axle stands to start with. Then back on the ground. Nothing.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Been running new fluid through my system today for my front caliper change. I've got the eezibleed pressure kit which is pretty good, works well.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
when your dad was pressing the pedal down did the pedal actually go down to the floor or stay firm.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If your jacking your car up it can restrict the flow through the rear comp..

I just let my car gravity bleed itself as the hardest part is getting the fluid to flow in the first place.. I haven't finished fully bleeding mine as it was totally dry, new lines, calipers, master cylinder.

I'll use a pressure kit myself to finish the bleeding, but once it blew brake fluid over my engine bay so I always make it a 2 man job.. One to play with the nipples, another to turn the air on when needed.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
I would also recommend an Eezibleed, it makes it just that easy to do it yourself. Also goes a lot faster then manual pumping (without the fear of damaging master cilinder seals).

Listerine & Poledo
If it bleeds, you can kill it...

p9.png