ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes

Lux'd Glacier White R26
All,

I have bought an uprated brakes package from Yozza which consist of:

2 x Brembo 280mm disks
4 x Goodridge stainless hoses
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Castrol Dot 4 brake fluid

Now, what i want to know is, in which order do you drain the brake fluid out of the calipers? Do you start with the passenger front and work round to passenger rear, then to drivers rear, then to the drivers front?

Please let me know.

Also, have many other member bought the same kit? Are the DS2500 good from cold? Do the pads create more brake dust? Is the braking dramatically improved?

Again, please let me know.

Thanks, Tyson.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i did mine this way.

Rear passengers side
Rear drivers side
Front passenger side
Front drivers side

thik i got it from here - dont think it really matters as long as you get all the air out! remember and keep the pedal pressed down when you tighten the nipple up, i used a handy old mop!

have fun...

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Tyson-182 said:
Also, have many other member bought the same kit? Are the DS2500 good from cold? Do the pads create more brake dust? Is the braking dramatically improved?

Again, please let me know.

Thanks, Tyson.

You will definitely notice a difference. Tested mine properly at Cadwell last week; compared to the standard discs and pads used previously at Bedford the improvement was very good. Brake dust is minimal/non-existant, locked up on a few occassions trying to see how late I could leave it (non ABS). Pads seem fine from cold on the road, on track never had a problem either.

Only did a few hundred miles before the trackday, noticed that the first couple of sessions I got a lot of smoke when stopped (following a cool down lap), but then for the remainder of the day no smoke was seen - guess they just needed a good bedding in :)

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Does anyone else know which order to brain the fluid from the brakes? I just want to make sure..

Thanks, Tyson.

Doesn't matter bleeding brakes so long as you bleed the fluid correctly ie let the fluid run out for a while till you get a good constant flow from the caliper.