ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
without being rude, are they not a bit overkill for a 1.4?

not worth £250 imo.....

i had the big brake kit on my 1.2.....i paid £100 for the whole kit. disks that had hardly been used, and all the stuff needed......then sold the stuff for the same when i went back to standard.

M

mini-valver

The Mk2 16v's 1.2/4 and 1.6 all use Williams brakes. For fast road use, a decent set of pads and dics will be fine.

Evo
My 1.4 brakes were abit pants too, i was considering this kit ('apparently' they look the bees knees behind alloys too)
Eventually just went for EBC discs and pads, did the job great.

Not realy woth it there more looks you can do better for less performance wise stock fine for most people don't look after it thats all

Clio II 1.4 16V
Whats the difference between Mk2 1.4 16V brakes and Mk2 172 ones (beside the difference in disc size)? Could I mount 172 break caliper directly on 1.4 16V hubs?

Whats the difference between Mk2 1.4 16V brakes and Mk2 172 ones (beside the difference in disc size)? Could I mount 172 break caliper directly on 1.4 16V hubs?

Nope not a direct fit needs a bit of work and not needed get the ktec if you want bigger looking brakes and stock setup for a setup whcih is more than adequate and race pads of better performance not that you need it though stock brakes are great

Clio II 1.4 16V
Nope not a direct fit needs a bit of work and not needed get the ktec if you want bigger looking brakes and stock setup for a setup whcih is more than adequate and race pads of better performance not that you need it though stock brakes are great
My discs and pads are comming to their end, so I've allready ordered Fritech racing pads (this pads are made in Italy and are used by many rally drivers in lower divisions; Gr.A to 1400ccm and Gr.N to 2000ccm), which are good (I use them on my R5 for autoslaloms). But since I have two sets of wheels (for winter and sommer tyres) and both sets are 15", I wanted to update my discs to 280mm. I know I have only 100HP under my bonnte, but I'm pretty hard to my breaks....

My discs and pads are comming to their end, so I've allready ordered Fritech racing pads (this pads are made in Italy and are used by many rally drivers in lower divisions; Gr.A to 1400ccm and Gr.N to 2000ccm), which are good (I use them on my R5 for autoslaloms). But since I have two sets of wheels (for winter and sommer tyres) and both sets are 15", I wanted to update my discs to 280mm. I know I have only 100HP under my bonnte, but I'm pretty hard to my breaks....

Just go with some race pads then with stock disks and good fluid bigger diusks have more unsprung weight and arn't needed sock disks are used on 150hp cars and the pads on even more powerful cars as standard