ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes!

As I was having my Uniroyal RainSport 1s fitted today, we notice how low my front brake pads are.. and discs.. so it all needs replacing.

Got a Mk1, Phase3 1.2 (None vented discs) at the moment, but seeing as they being replaced, want something better.

Its either 16v Brakes, but I think this is kinda boring.. (hah, wont look much different like)... or, K-Tec Big Brake Kit.. but it only says 1.4 (Vented Discs) on the K-Tec Website.. so wont these fit?

Only other option is the KTR Fast Road Discs and Pads.. but again, I think I would prefer a big brake kit.

Anyone else make big brake kits for Mk1 Clios? Problem is, my current discs are just solid.. and most Ive seen say 1.4 (Vented) or something. Dont wanna go silly and spend like £500.. £200 is probably the most Id look at - the KTR ones are £175 ex. Vat)

Thanks,

Daz.

Ok, Decided on some.. The KTR Fast Road Discs and Pads.

Thanks Mr Weight for helping in this decision.

Heh.

when you fit them, make sure you clean the mating face of the hub with a wire drill bit to level it off, i didnt when i fitted the fast road kit on mine about 6000 miles ago and now have unevenly worn discs :(