ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes

barely moved my car on sat, just to turn it around to wash it, and it didnt move on Sunday. Got in it this morning and it wouldnt move off, brakes were stuck on! happened twice now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, was it due to me washing it? somethings got wet?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

This normally happens in damp or wet conditions. Its just the pads sticking to the discs. As you drive off, a loud bang can be heard from the back as the pads release from the discs.

Is this what you are experiencing?

Laters

Bob RTE

I get that after washing my car sometimes after washing it, they also make a grinding noise for a little bit until the rust comes off. Its nothing to worry about!

if youve been braking very hard, say on track, you should also avoid applying the handbrake until the brakes have cooled down sufficiently.