ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand New UK 197 R27 for £14k

RB 200 Cup!
hi christopher!

yes its tempting - buy one and the money you save on this offer can be taken off your RB 182 and sold to me on the cheap, yes?

Clio 197 (in black)
Used 197's are already appearing on the Autotrader for decent prices. 12k will get you a standard 197. Get it lowered with eibachs, paint the calipers red and change the wheels and hey presto.... R27..... almost...

M2 Competition
Used 197's are already appearing on the Autotrader for decent prices. 12k will get you a standard 197. Get it lowered with eibachs, paint the calipers red and change the wheels and hey presto.... R27..... almost...

Lol.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Illusion - Antique green - £ 360.00 ???

Didn't know Renault did that colour?

Good price though, i can't be tempted by it though, starting to do more motorway miles! :(

Tys.

Although 14k for a new Clio may appear cheap, for the same money you could have a second hand e46 M3 for example, which will hold its value better, is ultimatly a better car and wont go tits up every other day.

My mate is about to spend this sort of money on a Clio and i really dont understand his logic, its not even like the dealers are offering 0% or that the car has a good image (Type Rs, STs etc have better)

What are other peoples views on this

Clio 197 (in black)
ST has a better image? Now that really is a matter of opinion. Old Type R, good car as it is, showing its age now. I reckon the Clio 197 is fresher looking. New Type R not that good is it? E46 M3 - Well, you'd have to get a 52 plate with high mileage for that sorta money and you will have problems with it (my mates 52k miles M3 has been in and out of BMW for all sorts of problems). Servicing costs? If it's done around 70k miles then it'll have to have an Inspection II service @ a minimum of £700- nice car but again it has an image which divides opinions....

Lux'd Glacier White R26
For that kind of money, you could pick up a 330ci BMW. This is what i'm currently looking at as its depreciated a lot over the years, yes granted it will be a few years old, but it's about £35k car brand new. Over a few years it will depreciate less than a R27 i should imagine, yet you're getting a much better all rounder imo...Sure, insurance will be more (for me) and it will probably drink more, but its all about depreciation for me...

Black R27 #443
I don't want a BMW, idiots drive them. I want another Clio... I used to have a TVR T350 which was TVR's press car so it had been upgraded to a 4.0 instead of the standard 3.6 and it also had the "red rose" engine conversion on it. Although this was a fantastic car and obviously very fast, I think in a strange kind of way I prefer my clio cup. Also my customers dont get annoyed and think I must be charging them too much when I turn up in a "little clio".

I did look at the new CTR + FST but i prefer the clio.

Black R27 #443
And i get 40mpg average out of the cup, 45mpg if I'm carefull as opposed to 20 - 25mpg I used to get out of the TVR.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Although 14k for a new Clio may appear cheap, for the same money you could have a second hand e46 M3 for example, which will hold its value better, is ultimatly a better car and wont go tits up every other day.

My mate is about to spend this sort of money on a Clio and i really dont understand his logic, its not even like the dealers are offering 0% or that the car has a good image (Type Rs, STs etc have better)

My view is that you're trolling for an argument.

And if you're worried about image, why would you even consider a Beemer?

Dan

ST

My view is that you're trolling for an argument.

And if you're worried about image, why would you even consider a Beemer?

Dan

I full agree with Iridium...

To start with you'd get an abosolute banger of an E46 M3 for 14k...the clio is built for a purpose, to get from A to B quickly, and the odd thrash round a track now and then...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A lot of people could'nt warrant the insurance on an M3 ,but i understand what your saying about losing money on a new car