ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brands Hatch in a Polo

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be shocked if he has to hand over a penny, not that I wouldn't like it to happen.

Also targeting his mother and sister and even worse his dead dad is just moronic. I suppose to some people they feel that to defeat a c**t, they must become c**ts.

well.. he's certainly pissed a lot of people off. He should have just issued an apology, compared it to the likes of driving irresponsibly and offered to take up some kind of awareness thing to bury the hatched.

Instead he's come out with the big gunz yo! pissed off a lot of people off in the process, some of whom are probably crazy. Imagine for a second a back street gambler had 100k on the winner and this guy red flagged it...well....

nemesis-snatch-quote.png

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
well.. he's certainly pissed a lot of people off. He should have just issued an apology, compared it to the likes of driving irresponsibly and offered to take up some kind of awareness thing to bury the hatched.

Instead he's come out with the big gunz yo! pissed off a lot of people off in the process, some of whom are probably crazy. Imagine for a second a back street gambler had 100k on the winner and this guy red flagged it...well....

View attachment 112050

There's many a person in motorsport you wouldn't want to upset lol.

A shiny black one.

Instead he's come out with the big gunz yo! pissed off a lot of people off in the process, some of whom are probably crazy. Imagine for a second a back street gambler had 100k on the winner and this guy red flagged

[/FONT]

Despite his attitude and however many people he's pissed off I still couldn't justify directing any hate at anybody other than him, but that's just me.

I do agree though, a genuine apology and an act of humility would have seen this situation over and done with by now.

Swift Sport
I doubt he actually said any of those remorseful things. He's only changed his tune because he's become scared.

Clio Cup
The best bit of him ran down his mums leg

An if id have done something similar , which i wouldnt have contemplated EVER - My Mum would have been the first in the que giving me an arse kicking

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The best bit of him ran down his mums leg

An if id have done something similar , which i wouldnt have contemplated EVER - My Mum would have been the first in the que giving me an arse kicking

That's because you where brought up properly mate.

182cup & 172 racecar
[FONT=open_sans]Saskia .
This says a lot, last time I heard that name, was some old bird on Eastenders that one of the Kray bro's killed with an ashtray.[/FONT]

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly I bet he will get no more than a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

Agreed, although its an "either way" offence I believe, so it depends how serious it gets taken by the courts.

I hope a private court case happens after with Palmer chasing costs (and the teams)

Swift Sport
This reminds me...

I was at Donington Park a couple of weeks ago, and if I was stupid enough I could have easily done the same thing. I've got video proof too.

Goes to show that the lesson hasn't been learnt at some venues.

This reminds me...

I was at Donington Park a couple of weeks ago, and if I was stupid enough I could have easily done the same thing. I've got video proof too.

Goes to show that the lesson hasn't been learnt at some venues.

Should go to Blyton, entrance to the circuit is a long private road, and the entrance to the track is at the end of it. Not even a gate to block it off, and no pit lane.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Why should they barrier and fence everything off like prisons. Just to stop oxygen theives acting like muppets? Shame..

172 Ph1
I think he's one of them people that thrives on it. Once it's over and done with he'll find something else c**ty to do.

Pretty much DannyR

Idiotic behaviour that only lasts the duration of the doing . Short lived , imbecile comes to mind . Lock him up I say .
Could have been a major accident

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Looks like the guy is getting done

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29566395
A 22-year-old man who drove his girlfriend's car on to the Brands Hatch circuit during a race could face jail.
Jack Cottle, of Durgates, Wadhurst, East Sussex was arrested after footage of a VW Polo being driven into a Fun Cup race on 14 June was posted on YouTube.

He admitted causing a public nuisance by driving on to a live racing circuit causing it to be stopped and putting competitors in harm's way.
Cottle is to be sentenced in November.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-terrifying-moment-joyrider-gatecrashes-4415246

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rands-Hatch-rally-in-VW-Polo-facing-jail.html

BG Clio 182 FF
Looks like the guy is getting done

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29566395
A 22-year-old man who drove his girlfriend's car on to the Brands Hatch circuit during a race could face jail.
Jack Cottle, of Durgates, Wadhurst, East Sussex was arrested after footage of a VW Polo being driven into a Fun Cup race on 14 June was posted on YouTube.

He admitted causing a public nuisance by driving on to a live racing circuit causing it to be stopped and putting competitors in harm's way.
Cottle is to be sentenced in November.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-terrifying-moment-joyrider-gatecrashes-4415246

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rands-Hatch-rally-in-VW-Polo-facing-jail.html

Good, hopefully he'll be made an example of. Anybody know what the possible sentence is for "causing a nuisance". Might try and get the Mrs charged........

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The chap that caused a nuisance by ruining the 2013 boat race got 6 months...but that was different apparently as he was making a protest about something.

This was just reckless couldn't give a fcuk about anyone have a bit of fun immaturity...which hopefully will demand a bit longer for the little cnut.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm not sure wether a custodial sentence is necessary, a whopping great big fine (00000s) would be sufficient.

Drink drivers don't get prison sentences.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Prison time is stupid tbh, like Al_g said above, a hefty fine would be much better.

You all seem pretty happy that he will be costing tax payers money while he's locked up for a pretty petty thing though lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
How many of the racers who's weekend was ruined at great cost to themselves and also found themselves on a racing circuit having to avoid an unpredictably piloted road car do you think would describe what he did as petty?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
How many of the racers who's weekend was ruined at great cost to themselves and also found themselves on a racing circuit having to avoid an unpredictably piloted road car do you think would describe what he did as petty?

When we consider prison time I think it's a pretty petty crime tbh, yeah he caused a big nuisance so make him pay in £ not in prison time which just costs the tax payer lol.

The overly defensive responses are no surprise. Think you may be misunderstanding my point though. I'm not saying he should get away with it.