ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brands hatch nightmare

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
another one bites the dust i guess, was going to brands hatch but now its off, rear ended on the a417 opposite the 'air balloon' pub, they reckon they have 2 accidents a week there, further up the hill a couple of hours later while i waited for recovery a tvr driver was thrown into the road. i was hit by a new seat ibiza...no damage to his at all (visible), witness said he was 'doing something' by leaning over into his passenger seat, f*ck you very much eh.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
ouch, sorry to see that mate:( , id love to have your brands place but moneys tighter than a ducks arse at the mo:mad: if i am able to get any money ill have it off you....... run's to do the lottery

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
for a split second i saw him coming in the rearview, but im not superman. insurers will let me know late monday whats happening with it, up on the ramps at the first garage i couldnt see any structural damage but that doesnt count for much with insurers.

Tangoed Works
The full strength of the tracing paper tailgate is revealed. Sorry to see this mate, onwards and upwards!

Leon Cupra 300
unlucky that mate, i would of thought it would be written off at that? dont think id want it repaired.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
ta folks, was going down the hill, happened bout 30yards from the roundabout. can only see it being written off at the mo tbh, would only want it back for the mods (headwork, kw's, cams etc) as even if it was repaired handling issues would be on my mind. whiplash...my lower back took a right beating, my wife has kneck & shoulder trouble, its in the hands of solicitors now.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
terribleclio said:
because most people on here don't like accident damaged cars

Well they aren't going to be damaged when its fixed. Wouldn't be a problem or anything wrong with it when it was fixed.

The dude said nothing was stuffed underneath so its only cosmetic damage, not a problem.

Would you pay any less for a car that had been in a minor accident that was repaired as good as or better than new?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Thats looks pretty bad, cant believe theres no visible damage to the SEAT?

TBH I'd prefer it if it was written off, but only if they offer you a decent amount. Trying to sell a repaired car is always more difficult and you usually get less for it.

Thats rubbish, there would be no way to tell a car had been in an accident. If it had been repaired good as new why should it sell for less?

Civic Si
unlucky dude, that sucks.

hate to say it, but at the end of the day, its only a car, at least everyone was ok.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
..no 4 pot kit for me Matt! i have pics of the seat ibiza, il post them if i can work out how to blot out his number plate (pc illiterate). all depends on monday as to wether il be on the hunt for another car, mk1 rs/172 cup or something totally different. love the handling of the rs & i know which tuning route id take this time. yet i also fancy something with more road presence, but it must be affordable to run.

Lotus Elise 111R
polarbert said:
If it was repaired as good as new then yes.

I agree, if repaired good as new, then it is good as new. The problem is when it is bodged, but ins companies dont allow bodging in general as they dont want comebacks....

As long as it is'nt Cat D or C, i.e your ins company feels it is beyond economic repair, then it is repaired by someone else on the cheap, that is when problems can occur and hence the purchase price is cheaper.

I reckon that yours will be repaired rather than written off, no way that damage is 60% of value, which is the cut off point to "write off".... (I believe)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i'm gutted for you mate,it does look a rite off though,what does it matter whether a damage repaired car is as good as new or not the blokes had a nasty accident peoples health is more important

s**t :( so sorry to see that fella. i've been up and down that stretch of road hundreds of time in the past i know exactly where it is.

B

Brown.

fook me thats a painfull one..... you insurance ok with your car???no naughty things added to void it or is it all declared??

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
^hopefully(mods) i have it right, but il find out monday. the car was originally bought on money from another accident payout (not car related), 'so i could win some lose some'

If you haven't started the claim process, I know someone who will be able to get you sorted without involving your insurance company. Don't have to pay excess or anything. Send me a PM if your interested.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
God babe that looks terrible... glad your both ok!

What was the other person driving? i imagine their car is a mess too