ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo calipers..??

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Easy guys, Just done a search but can't find any answers...? I know everyone goes on about fitting Brembo calipers from a Peugeot 406 coupe... To my 172 sport...! Will Brembo calipers from a fiat coupe 20v turbo fit..? Are they the same as the Peugeot ones..? They seem to be cheaper from the fiat coupe...;) I know I will need mounting brackets ect....can anyone on here make some or help source some..?
Any info appreciated...!

Cheers, Bruce... ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I got the 406 callipers with custom mounting brackets. Or you can get the Brembos off the 197/200

The 406 ones are good as the mounting points are so close together you can fit with just a flat bit of think plate:
e61e908a.jpg

f50795ab.jpg

With the fiat ones they wont do the same as the bolt holes are too similar (but sadly not the same) as 172 ones, only way to use them really on a 172 is if you go for really big disks so you can mount them outboard of the original lugs.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Cheers guys for the feedback...;) That's a different idea chip about a flat plate,never seen that before...! I thought you had to have some proper brackets made up...! I will keep me eye out for a pair of cheap Peugeot Brembo calipers then. Chip..any chance you have dimensions of the plate you used so I can get some from work..;) Save me some time on trial and error.. Lol...!

Cheers, Bruce... :cool:

Clio 182
I've always fancied some 4 pots but can't really fault the standard calipers.
is this a worthy upgrade?
Can anyone explain where the benefits are if using the same pad and disc type.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've always fancied some 4 pots but can't really fault the standard calipers.
is this a worthy upgrade?
Can anyone explain where the benefits are if using the same pad and disc type.

Standard brakes work quite well on a Clio. So gains are not huge if you are standard power.

FF Clio 182
Lot get my setup done I need:

406 callipers
Brackets
Rebuild kit
Pin kit
Calliper paint
Braided lines
ATE Blue fluid
Mintex 1144 pads
300mm scenic disks.

The Mintex 1144s are £115 a set and discs are pretty cheap.

All in it's about £450

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
1144 are good on the road but personally I drive too hard for them on track.
You aren't going to run 15s I take it then?

FF Clio 182
I not 100% certain. But was just told that 406 Brembos with brackets and 300mm discs won't go under 15s. I don't know how valid tabu is. I want 16s anyways so wasn't really an issue

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Don't see why it would be, 406 coupes don't squeal.

Sorry probably should have phrased that better seems to be symptom of using that calliper on the Clio.

Filing the pads back can help along with copper grease, I would hazard a guess it might be something to do with the disk thickness.
I gave up myself and switched to the 197 calliper, performance is similar just quieter. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I don't see why the caliper would care that it's on a Clio if the mounting brackets are aligned correctly.

FF Clio 182
Most people I spoke to about them recommended Mintex 1144s. I have heard that they can squeal at times but I thought that's just a trade off of having 4 pots

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Most people I spoke to about them recommended Mintex 1144s. I have heard that they can squeal at times but I thought that's just a trade off of having 4 pots

1144 are good road pads but personally I find them not upto track driving on the cars I've used them on. Very cheap for an upgraded pad though so worth a try.