ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo discs, better than standard?

Arctic 182FF
Just wondering for when I inevitably have to change my discs and pads. Is there much point in me getting these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-B...|Cars Type:1.2 16V&hash=item3a7b1e82ee&_uhb=1
Or would they be no better to the ones that are fitted standard?
With me just having a 1.2 16v, is there much point in me going for the more expensive brembo discs? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brembo-Ma...|Cars Type:1.2 16V&hash=item589899ed39&_uhb=1
I don't drive quickly obviously I'd just like a little extra piece of mind about my stopping power.

Thanks

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Standard brembo are fine, 99% of people on here use them and most people that take their cars on track use them too.

Some people report that the max discs eat pads too...

As Simon says, Standard Brembo are fine.

I have Ferodo DS2500 pads on mine and they seem OK but I am sure others will have opinions that differ.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
On a 1.2 dont bother with performance brakes, pm g172 and get the standard oem stuff he sells, you may as well get pads as they will be dirt cheap.

clio 172 cup/mk1 xr2
have max groove discs wont be using them again had a bit of grit on pad and destroyed the disc and eats pads and they are crap with red stuff pads, had ktec ones before that and they warped will be using non groove discs in future.

Arctic 182FF
Once again, thanks for sharing your experiences, I will be going for the standard venting brembo discs next time. Anyone recommend specific pads? I was thinking of going for brembo pads as to be honest it's pretty much the only brand i've heard of when it comes to brakes so thought i wouldn't go far wrong with an all brembo set-up

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I'd get pagid ones from eurocarparts. They're only 45 quid on a 172 so should be less for a 1.2.