ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo HC or Standard?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Whats better?
Price different is huge! brembos £40 a pop - OEM, £105 as quoted by auto world. Also does £47 a side per track rod sound about right for the SMI rack?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I didnt because I thought he worked at the Renault Main dealership in Wolverhampton? Going to have to have a look at my clio tonight, I can wait for discs but its clunking like a bit of a bugger now from the nearside wheel so I'm just acquiring parts. Its had ball joints and dog bone, so i'm doing the brakes and track rods ends. Failing that its gearbox mount and top mounts!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Cheers to Adam for sorting me out, new top mount acquired with pads and track rods. Just got to wait for the brembos to turn up

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Of all the things - took the wheel off, and a disc securing screw fell out! Still I got stuck in and replaced the top mount anyway. In for a penny in for a pound and all that

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just had an email saying Brembos are out of stock. Seem to be out of stock everywhere else I try too, any one else had this problem?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The standard discs are HC so the Brembo replacements are. But obviously the Brembo offer better VFM.

Yep the main Brembo UK distributor has no stock until at least another week.

Not an issue if you find a seller who keeps a buffer stock of them though....

172 cup
Just had an email saying Brembos are out of stock. Seem to be out of stock everywhere else I try too, any one else had this problem?
Sounds like george (g172) has got some in stock mate!;)

I ordered mine from george, turned up within 2days off ordering them.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
^ ;)

I missed you at Snetterton Steve, me and Adam were at the other end of the pit lane. I only realised when i was leaving that there was a few clios tucked out of the way on the way out.

172 cup
^ ;)

I missed you at Snetterton Steve, me and Adam were at the other end of the pit lane. I only realised when i was leaving that there was a few clios tucked out of the way on the way out.
Yeah I didn't realise you was with the blue traffic van! I walked past the van a few times! Adam is gonna think I'm stalking him cause I'm booked on this weekend at blyton same as him lol! Going to be testing out the new brake set up, got them put on today. Traveling to CSS to bed them ready!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes mate, me and Adam have got bundle deals with Apex so we are normally knocking about together somewhere. He also kindly lets me store my bits n bobs oil etc in his van so it's not rattling around in boot.

Ha, i was working all weekend unfortunately so couldn't make either. Weather was spot on aswel for you lot