ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brentacre :)

Clio 197 RB
Got my renewal from Aviva last week! £1540. :(
So did the usual phoning around, Adrian Flux and Sky insurance which got them down to £1072.
I then phoned Brentacre, £999.99, brilliant service, really helpful and chatty.

So 24 y/o, 4 NCB, TW7 postcode, 6 points, no accidents, panel filter.
Really good quote, and I wouldnt have heard of them if it wasn't for Cliosport.net.

Cheers guys. :):approve:

172 Cup CC
I've just spoken to them for a quote, really nice guys, competetive quote and all mods covered in the price up to 180bhp.

Yeah they are top guys! I use them for both the Z3 and the Puma, and used them on the 197 before that. No one else can touch them for price for me. Even duplicated my NCB when I insured the Puma.

172 Cup
I've moved to a company called A-Plan this year from Brentacre.

Brentacre couldn't give much of a reduction with an additional 1 years no claims so tried A-Plan.
Saving of around £80 I think, fair enough isn't a lot of money but the little amounts count at the minute!

The more mods declared with them seemed to reduce the actual cost of the insurance too!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I've moved to a company called A-Plan this year from Brentacre.

Brentacre couldn't give much of a reduction with an additional 1 years no claims so tried A-Plan.
Saving of around £80 I think, fair enough isn't a lot of money but the little amounts count at the minute!

The more mods declared with them seemed to reduce the actual cost of the insurance too!
Brentacre only insure modified cars I think.

Brentacre only insure modified cars I think.

Neither of my cars are modified and are still cheapest with Brentacre.

For basic mods (exhaust, lowering, induction kits etc) upt to a pre agreed BHP limit, there is no fee or premium increase. Above this limit there is premium increases but they are very fair.

172 Cup
I had two cars with Brentacre - first was my VTR insured up to 110bhp and the clio insured up to 210bhp.

I suggested A-Plan due to the fact they were cheaper than Brentacre at the time, and seemed to be able to insurer my car with more mods on for cheaper, if that makes sense? I.e. I declared coilies at the time of quote but didn't have them fitted, with them on the quote it was slightly cheaper than them without.

Just got a quote off these guys after trying sky and them refusing to cover me (24, 2 years no claims, one fault claim in 2009). Anyway very happy (still got some more ringing around to do not due til end december) round about 1100 with a 650 excess and that includes the higher bhp limit of 210bhp to factor in spring time mods :) would reccomend these guys, great to deal with and only ever heard good things about them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If you get a cheaper quote from ...... Get them to email you the agreement to check over. Forward it on to Brentacre for them to beat, job done. Thats what i did btw.

172 Cup
If you get a cheaper quote from ...... Get them to email you the agreement to check over. Forward it on to Brentacre for them to beat, job done. Thats what i did btw.

I also did this.

However companies are starting to click on, and won't release the complete policy information until you buy it, which becomes a bit of a pain.