ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bright's Inferno

182 Cup
Thought it was about time I put up a project thread, to track what I've done for myself and so you lot can see what I've done and give your 2 pence! This is a long term project as its my daily, and I have 2 year old son and a house to look after ;)

So, bought my 182 Cup in June just around my birthday (yay birthday present to me) She wasn't that well looked after by her previous owner, someone who just drove it and had it repaired when something was obviously broken.
Cambelt was done on time, 8k ago and according to Mick @ Diamond Motors its a smidgen out on the exhaust timing. So not bad for a local independant. Leaking rocker cover gasket though and the aux belt will be due soon. So probably new cambelt etc next year.

Very dirty, green on the rubber and in the boot area :( Also wheel badly kerbed
yba3ydeb.jpg

buzeteba.jpg

When I visited Mick he noticed that basically, all the discs and pads were beyond redemption. Carbone Lorraine RC5s and Brembo HC discs ordered and fitted. Fairly impressed with their stopping power VERY squeaky :p Have now got a bit of a rumbling through the pedal so need to check out the pads to see if they've disintergrated or fallen off the backer like some of them have.

Off for its MOT the week before CSS and it failed on the exhaust. Bloody huge hole on the top of one of the inlets to the backbox. Arse!
Mad panic mode, place in Nottingham had a Miltek. Sorted!
Alignment not so good:eek:
u9u7yhan.jpg

Still need to sort that when I get time!

Still needed a proper clean, so autoglym shampoo, iron x'd, clay barred, autoglym srp and then autoglym hd wax.
8etega3a.jpg

Finished just as it was going dark the day before CSS. :D

Also missing was the front Splitter, so Fabia splitter ordered, and then fitted.
ytaba4a9.jpg

Most recent is another clean and layer or wax!
amy9y8e4.jpg

Future plans.

Wheels: 15" wheels. Several styles I like, will most likely be whatever is affordable. Colour will be the same (till I can have them refurbed) The fact I'm going to change them makes me reluctant to have the badly kerbed wheel sorted.

Suspension : Refresh wishbones, steering rack bushes, track rod ends, ball joints. Eibach Prolines, fresh cup dampers (rear as a priority as one has weeped before)

Bodywork: Lots of touching up req, especially on door edges. Will take time though

Interior: Steering Wheel. Its knackered, and I can't make up my mind what to do. Since its a cup, its also a non-sport steering wheel. Got a spare one off a 172 though

So, might be a while before abother post but will keep it updated :)

Bright